Chapter 40: Within My Grasp

Mr. Spade's POV

I look around me and I cannot help but be pleased, everything is coming together nicely. All of my men are in their positions, and we have my little Luna's pack surrounded. They think they are the ones calling the shots when it has always been me, and always will be me. At the crack of dawn all of my men are under orders to move in quickly and quietly, killing each and every member one by one. There will be many casualties today, all so Claire understands that if she is to ever run from me again, people will die, and that blood will always be on her hands. 
"Boss!" I turn around to see Zachary running towards me with an arm stretched out, and a ringing phone in his hands.

"It's our informant, he wants to talk" says Zachary wearily. I look at him with disdain, "You couldn't handle him yourself?!" I growl lowly, asserting my dominance over him forcing him to his knees with a wimpier  "You know I don't like to be bothered with things like this, especially at the 11th hour."

"I know sir, I'm sorry sir, he threatened to alert the others of our presence if he didn't talk to you" said Zachary head bowed, and arm still raised out towards me.

The phone went silent for a second, only to start ringing again. I growled in anger and snatched the phone from Zachary's hand.

"What do you want Henry?!!" I yelled into the phone, this boy was quickly becoming a nuisance. Who did he think he was to threaten me? That's what happens when people get a taste of power, they start to cross boundaries.

"I-I-I-I uh I ju- just wa-wan-wanted t-t-to.." Henry stuttered

"SPIT IT OUT!!! MY PATIENCE IS RUNNING THIN" I said, grinding my teeth in anger. I looked to Zachary, still kneeling on the ground and just wanted to throw the phone at his head, I still might once this imbecile states his purpose.

Henry takes a deep breath and begins again, "I wanted to let you know that, they are planning to invite you to a duel. It would be between you and the king, and the winner gets Claire"

"This information is irrelevant, Claire will be mine before they even pick up the phone to call me" I sneer into the phone. "Don't call me again, if you're needed we'll be in touch with you." I move to hang up the phone when I hear Henry yell "WAIT!!"

"WHAT NOW?!" My body is vibrating with anger, I'm going to kill him, when I see him, I'm going to rip his head from his body"

"You should take the deal!! You want to take it!" He pleads

"Give me one reason why I should, the fraud king is too strong for it to be an easy win, and it could very well be a trap, my surprise guarantees me what I'm after" This kid is not making any sense, my plan is the best and there's nothing he could say to make me change it.

"The king's been poisoned, he won't be able to shift and won't be at his full strength, the win is yours for the taking"

Except that...

"Poisoned?! How, why should I trust anything you are saying to me right now? Tell me why I should take this risk?"

"You can trust me because of our agreement, you said after all is said and done and you get your power. Claire would be mine, and I want her more than anything in this world..."  Henry trails off, probably imagining the day Claire will be in his arms. Keep imagining buddy, that day will never come! It is honestly so sad that this idiot still thinks I'll let him touch Claire once I've made her mine Ha! Such a fool!

"Get your head out of the clouds and keep talking" I urge him darkly

"I'm the one who poisoned him, I gave him just enough wolfsbane to weaken him and his wolf for about 24 hours, but not too much that he'd notice, i offered him a drink last night before everyone retired for the night and he didn't suspect a thing." Henry said, chuckling to himself.

"You still haven't told me why I shouldn't just ambush him now and take him out, it seems like the crown is already mine, if I take him out now, I'll have everything I need by this afternoon" I smile darkly, already telepathically telling my men to get ready.

"Everyone! Wait for my word, it looks like our time is almost upon us" My men quickly move into action, Zachary gets up and stands before me, eyeing me warily. "You trust him?" Mouths Zachary, and I give him a firm nod, this is it, I can already taste the victory on my lips.

"It's simple really" says Henry disrupting my thoughts

"If you wait to publicly duel the king and win, you won't have to convince the kingdom of your authority, people would have no choice but to bow before you, because you won the duel and thus deserve to take your place as king..." once again Henry trails off but this time it's for my benefit, I turn his words around in my head over and over. He is on to something, this would move my timeline up by months, everything I have always wanted would be within my grasp if I just wait until the evening. The whole entire kingdom would be mine, no more battles, just one fight.

"Men! Stand down! The plans have changed..."

"So what you're saying is, one more fight and I will be king?" I growl with excitement

And with a steady voice Henry says "One more fight, and you will be king, Mr.Spade"

My hands clench into a fist, as a slow smile spreads across my face, "Then I'll be waiting for that call..."

Perfect! Soon Claire will finally be mine!" says Henry sounding relieved

"You've proven yourself to be a great asset Henry"

"Thank you, sir" Henry says with pride

"I hope that doesn't change..." I continue "I'd hate to have to kill you after you've done all this hard work"

"It-it-it won't sir" Henry promises nervously

"Good" and with that I hang up the phone, and look to my second.

"I've decided to go with the path of least resistance Zachary. Tell the others to stay ready. One phone call and the world will be within my grasp"

Zachary looked as though he were about to question me, but something in my eyes must have warned him against it, because he instead gave me a firm nod and went to do what he was told.

Blood will still be shed today, many people are still going to die, and that is on Claire, she needs to be taught a lesson. Disobedience equals death. I'll just kill her loved ones after I get my crown. Everything is finally coming together.

One more fight, and the world will have no choice but to bow before me, the rightful King of the wolves.

A/N

Hope you guys liked this chapter it's been a minute so I'm feeling a bit rusty, if you want me to upload the next chapter by the 23rd of August! I want to see at least 25 comments!! Please remember to vote and let me know how you're liking the story!