five

+ bare +

+ bare +

The walls of my new room were so white that I was positive it would be so bright i'd barely be able to open my eyes in the day time. I turned around, the large bed pushed up against the back wall, the sheets clean and pulled tight with perfectly fluffed pillows that looked like clouds. I had both my own bathroom and a large walk in closet adjoined onto it, the doors pulled closed. This room was much bigger compared to my old one, the empty space almost constricting as I stood on the fluffy rug that was placed in the middle of the room.

I had been given the master room, but I wasn't sure if that was customary for the Victor of the house or if my parents had purposely given me it. Not that we were short on rooms in this house, having 3 that were considered 'guest rooms', even though I doubted we would ever have any guests that would stay the night. "Everything alright?" dad asked as I turned towards the open door, his arms crossed as he leaned against the door frame, watching me.

I nodded my head silently as I looked at the bed, my very first golden training trident hung up on the wall above it, gleaming under the white light coming from the chandelier. I tilted my head to the side, staring at it for a moment, as I let out a shaky breath, tearing my eyes away from it. "Can you take that down?" I asked quietly, looking over at my dad who took a step into the room, looking up at the trident for a moment.

"Please" I whispered at him as he nodded his head quickly, moving over to the side of the bed as he leaned over, pulling it off of the hooks it was sitting on as he held it in his hand. "Sorry, I thought you'd want it up" dad said to me as he looked down at it, squeezing out a small smile as I shook my head at him. "It's alright" I said to him as I rubbed my lips together quickly, shifting on my feet quickly. "I just, don't think it would be the best idea to have it there" I told him as he nodded his head, walking over to me as he stood in front of me.

"I understand" he told me with a nod of his head, holding it behind his back as he set his free hand on my shoulder. "I'll put it away" he told me as he squeezed my shoulder gently, making me look up at him. "Thank you" I said to him with a nod of my head as he kissed the top of my head gently, putting his hand on my cheek as he smiled down at me. "I'm glad to have you home, pumpkin" he said to me as I nodded my head, the smile I was trying to hold faltering slightly. "I'm glad to be back" i told him as i hugged him, his hand moving up and down my back lovingly as I let out a deep sigh.

"I love you" I told him, my head on his chest, his scent reminding me of the countless nights I had spent curled up next to him after having a bad dream. "You too, my dear" he told me as he pulled away, looking around the room as he let out a small breath. "I'll let you get ready for bed" he told me as I nodded my head at him, letting me go as he moved to the door, turning back to look at me before leaving the room. "Night" I told him as he smiled quickly, pulling the door closed and leaving me by myself, the quietness in the room almost deafening.

I looked at myself in the mirror that was sitting on the wall above the vanity table, which had drawers stocked full with makeup, the bathroom equally filled with expensive shower gels and hair concoctions. I had easily dodged having to eat anything at dinner, although I had nibbled in a roll that my mother had watched me eat. It wasn't that I wasn't hungry, more like if I ate anything it would make a reappearance in the next few hours. No one had told me that about coming out of the arena, my stomach was so weak now that even the massive feast I had scarfed once I got back to the Capitol had barely stayed down for 10 minutes.

I turned away, looking at the boxes full of my things that were sitting in the corner, all brought over from the old house. One had the word 'decoration' scrawled onto one side, which I was assuming had all my drawings and posters that used to plaster my walls. I hadn't gotten around to unpacking yet, but I wasn't sure I would need to, as almost all of my clothes had been replaced by new ones, but maybe i would place some small trinkets and memories on the shelves. Maybe.

——

A/N: hello I am back with a kinda short chapter please forgive me for that but it is a chapter none the less so please don't hate me
I haven't had much time recently so I set this book on the back burning but I am back and will update more often I PROMISE
please don't forget to vote and comment and. i will see you all again soon

 i will see you all again soon