Chapter Sixty Three - Present

Present

Victoria

I stood there dumbfounded, unable to understand if this was reality or a dream.

My daughter was alive!

She was wearing a cute black t-shirt over a red skirt, a saddlebag slung across her chest.

"What's your name, sweetie?" I asked her softly.

She looked up at Tyler and when he smiled at her encouragingly, she looked back at me, "Honor."

I burst into tears, not caring that we were being watched by the restaurant staff.

I raised my hand towards Honor and she placed her little hand in mine, tentatively, taking a step towards me. When she was close enough, I wrapped my arms around her little form and continued to sob, pain gripping my chest mercilessly, "My baby...my Honor..."

I pulled away to look at her again, not believing that this was true. It had to be a beautiful dream that I was going to wake up any minute from; I tried telling myself that but no, this was reality and Honor was right here.

I cupped her face in my hands, touching her cheeks lovingly; my throat was still thickened by emotions. "I...I missed you...sweetie...I love you so much..." I managed to say between the tears. I touched her hair, grazed her shoulders, her face again. There was no doubt in my mind.

She was mine.

She patted my head, "its okay. Don't cry." Her voice was so sweet.

"I'm...I'm Vicky." I introduced myself awkwardly.

She smiled and shyly said, "Nice to meet you, Vicky."

"Honor...I can't tell you how happy I'm to see you, honey." I said and then burst into tears again. Composing myself one more time, I asked, "Sweetie, can I talk to your daddy for a minute alone?"

She laughed, "You don't need permission from me to talk to Ty."

"Here's the double chocolate milkshake for the little lady." The waitress cooed walking to the table and placing a tall glass of the drink on the table, "Enjoy!" she batted her eyes at Tyler, and then frowned at me.

Honor went to the table and sat down. I watched her as she brought the straw to her mouth. I used her distraction to look at Tyler.

"Can we talk?" I couldn't keep the anger out of my voice.

Tyler knew that Honor was alive and he kept her away from me.

For ten years I'd been robbed of my life with my baby.

There was a sick feeling churning in my stomach.

"We're talking." He said.

I pulled him away from Honor making sure we weren't within earshot. She didn't need to listen to this, and I couldn't wait until later to hear what Tyler had to say about this.

"How dare you, Tyler?" I demanded. "How dare you keep me in the dark for so long? You knew about Honor! All this time! You knew how much she meant to me and yet you never said a word. Where was she?!"

Tyler looked calm throughout the accusations, "If you're done, I'll explain."

"Yes! Please do, Mr. Lockhart." I hissed impatiently. "I can't wait!"

He looked at Honor who smiled and waved at him before she continued to suck the life out of the straw, swinging her legs back and forth, humming to herself.