{18}

Carmen P.O.V.

Waking up the next morning I groan remembering I have to go back to school today. Getting out of bed I step into the bathroom and take a quick shower and brush my teeth while in my towel. Walking into my closet I put on a cropped black tank top and black ripped skinny jeans with some black heeled biker boots and grab my things and start making my way to the door.
Opening the front door I see and box on the door step. Opening the box I see the same leather jacket Xavier gave me at the hospital again with a note "I know you might be mad at me, but just wear this jacket please. Love, Xavier" Sighing I put on the jacket and put on my helmet and get onto my new bike I got yesterday with the money I finally saved up.

Pulling into the school parking lot I see everyone look into my direction and Xavier sitting on the hood of his car with a smirk on his face

Pulling into the school parking lot I see everyone look into my direction and Xavier sitting on the hood of his car with a smirk on his face. Parking my bike I pull of my helmet and start making my way to Xavier "Finally decide to wear the jacket," he says with a smirk thinking he's won "Actually came to return it," I say with a smirk as well and open his car door and throw the leather jacket into the back seat and grab my hoodie from the back seat that I left. I turn towards Xavier and smile a sad smile at him and turn to make my way towards the school doors "Wait," I hear Xavier say.

I turn around and walk back towards him seeing him holding the jacket. "What," I say when I am standing in front of him "Please just wear the jacket," he says "Why should I? I'm not a part of "The Viper" and I'm not with you so I'm defiantly not the queen," I say trying to ignore the ache in my heart when I said that wanting to be with him. "Please just wear it today and meet me at my house after school so we can talk," he says trying to convince me. I sigh and grab the jacket and put it on ignoring the pain that is still in my shoulder "There happy," I say sarcastically. "Actually yes," he says with a slight smile. I roll my eyes and start walking into the school preparing myself for a day in hell.

After school...

Walking out of the school I make my way to my bike were I see Xavier leaning against it "I'll meet you at your house," I say getting my bike and putting on my bike. "Here's my key just go ahead and go in I'm going to pick up some food," he says handing me a gold key. I shake my head signaling I heard him and start up my bike and drive away. Pulling into his houses driveway I pull out the key and unlock the door and make my way upstairs to his room.

Hearing the front door open and close I sit down on the grey couch that's in the corner of his room waiting for him to come up so we can talk. Xavier comes into his room and walks over to the couch with a Chick-Fil-A bag with two drinks in his hands. I smile as I take the bag from his hands and start getting the food out as I hear him chuckle at my behavior. We both sit down and start eating our food in peace and quiet.

Throwing our trash away I take the jacket off and hands it to him "There I wore it today," I say. He grabs the jacket the says "When we first met I couldn't understand why you weren't scared of me." I chuckle and say "Nothing was more scarier than going home to Jack." He looks at me with guilt in his eyes "I'm sorry I didn't put the pieces together and help you," he says rubbing my cheek with the pad of his thumb. "I meant for you to not find out," I say leaning into the warmth his hand provides.

Xavier looks at me confused "You meant for me to not find out," he asks confusion evident on his face. I shake my head yes answering his question "Why," he asks confused. "I couldn't put you in danger and telling you would've put you in danger," I say honestly. "You know what I do right," he asks still confused I chuckle and shake my head yes. "I'm always in danger you telling me wouldn't of done anything," he says seriously. "That may be true, but if I would have found out that you got hurt by Jack. I wouldn't have forgiven myself," I say honestly. "That's why you took the bullet," he says with sadness in his eyes "I couldn't watch you get hurt," I say.

Xavier's sighs and asks "Why did you walk away from me at the hospital," I look down and then look back up in his eyes "Because when I jumped on you, happy that you were okay you tried to get me off and yelled at me so I thought you didn't want anything to do with me." Xavier bends down and grips the back of my thighs and lifts me to were my legs are around his waist and I wrap my arms around his neck. "Carmen, I've wanted you since I first met you, but I didn't want to bring you into my world and risk you getting hurt," he says looking me into my eyes with honesty showing in his eyes. I put my hand on his cheek and start rubbing the stubble on his face "Prove it," I say. He smiles and leans in and places his lips on mine gently. I smile in the kiss missing the feeling of his lips against mine. Xavier backs away and leans his forehead against mine smiling "I've missed that," he says. I chuckle and shake my head and say "I did to. You have no idea how much."