Chapter 59

Arlo POV

Leaning against the wall, I hear an odd noise coming from inside the room, followed by a bang on the door. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." I say, activating my ability. "Thanks." I hear John say beside me, trapping me in a barrier, crushing it down until it rendered me unconscious.

John POV

One down, four to go. I say to myself as I lead Miko and Deus down the hall, staying out of sight of the many cameras.

Luke POV

I hear a strange sound from inside the cell, followed by more than one voice. Looking at Remi, I gesture towards the door. She seems to understand, and opens the door quickly.

We rush in, prepared to fight Madrac, but not ready to face what was waiting for us inside - John. "Hey, guys. Sorry about this, but orders are orders." He says, closing the door with a barrier before blowing out the lights. "How about that?" Madrac says, blasting Remi with a shadow attack. "Remi!" I cry out, concerned. On my way to her, however, I get tackled into the wall, losing consciousness.

John POV

"Now, leave." I say, sending the other three out of the cell before turning back to Remi and Luke, making sure they're unconscious.

I see the even rise and fall of Luke's chest, a telltale sign that he is not conscious. Looking over at Remi, however, I can't see if she's breathing. Kneeling down, I check her pulse, finding it after a few seconds.

Satisfied, I leave the room shortly after, dropping a piece of paper from my hand on the way out.

In this fashion, I quickly free the other members of EMBER, accompanying them on their escape. "Why help us?" Volcan asks. "Yeah, especially after you helped them capture us." Deus adds. "First of all, these two were already captured without my help." I say, gesturing to Volcan and Glace. "I needed to help catch more of you so they would let me guard you. Second, you hurt one of the few people I actually care about, and I could not let that slide." I say, looking Deus straight in the eyes.

"Okay then, let's get gone." Miko says, teleporting us all away.

Remi POV

Hours later, I wake up, groggy and uncoordinated. What happened? I ask myself, standing up. Looking around, I see Luke sitting against the wall, asleep. "Luke!" I call out, shaking him, trying to wake him up. He must have been knocked out. I say to myself when my attempts fail. Continuing to look around the room, I see a neatly folded piece of paper resting just inside the doorway. Unfolding it, I read the message written on it.

"Tell Vaughn I'm in." It reads, in John's handwriting. 

My POV

Hello! Hope you guys enjoyed the second last bonus chapter! As always, thank you guys for reading and I hope to see you in the future!