seven

Hotch and I got into the car together, and as he started driving off, his phone began to ring. He flicked it open, pressing it to his ear.

"Hello?" He asked, and then his straight face turned into a happy one, "Hey, Jack. Did the tooth fairy come?" I smiled faintly, watching him. He only seemed to be happy when it came to Jack and Haley, it was a shame they got a divorce.

Well, it was a shame for her. I actually wanted to thank her for giving me a chance, honestly. 

He was amazing, every ounce of him was the perfect man. At least, to me. I always looked at him and saw someone that was truly magnificent. He was one of my closest friends, and for some reason he and I clicked. We could talk and it wouldn't be awkward, he would open up to me. He wouldn't open up to anyone else, he didn't like doing that. "Veronica?" I heard, snapping out of my train of thought. He was still looking straight ahead, but it was obvious he had asked me something. 

I shook my head, "I'm sorry?" I felt a little dumb, mainly because I kept spacing out. It was almost painful to try and stay awake. 

"Right now" He said, as if he thought I had heard what he said before. I narrowed my eyes, trying to figure out a way to respond to him. He sighed, "Are you feeling okay?" I nodded. 

"Oh, yeah" I ensured, "Just have a few things on my mind" 

Yeah, if he was considered 'a few things'. 

I then remembered how stressed out he was about the case, "What about you? I know this whole thing was a little much for you" He scoffed, 

"It's not too much for me, I haven't had a case I couldn't handle" I rolled my eyes as I watched him protect his manliness. 

"Come on, Aaron. All of us have these kinds of cases once in a while. Ones that make us feel uneasy" Before I was allowed to do anything even remotely cute, he stopped the vehicle in front of the hotel. 

He started getting out of the car, making me quickly unbuckle my seat belt to catch up. Once I did, we both ended up entering the building together. It was a huge hotel, definitely really expensive. It was beautiful, it was a shame we were here for the Reaper. I used to live in Massachusetts, it was my favorite place to be. We entered the elevator, us standing next to one another. He looked down at me.

"What are you doing tonight?" He asked, just trying to change the subject of the conversation.

"Emily, JJ and I are going to order some chinese take out, look over the case files again. You?" I questioned, and he looked back in front of us.

"Probably get some sleep, I haven't slept more than six hours in the past two days" I scrunched my nose, right before taking my glasses off. The elevator door opened, making the two of us walk out of the small square contraption. He paused in front of one of the first hotel room doors. He opened it with a small key card he was holding,

"You shouldn't be allowed to leave this room until you get at least a few hours" I told him, and he tried not to laugh. He put his hand on my arm, 

"Yeah, sure" He let go of me after a moment, "Goodnight, Veronica" I pushed a strand of hair behind my heavily pierced ear. My heart began to race unhealthily fast,

"Night, Hotch" I responded, and he shut the door. I narrowed my eyes, unsure of what I was doing. What was wrong with me? Why did I feel so weird? 

Maybe because nothing happened between us in almost a month. Maybe I wanted something exciting to happen so bad just because it was involving him.

I knocked on the door seven times in a pattern, and after a few moments it opened. There I saw JJ, who let me in.

"Well?" They asked as I walked towards my bag,