x x v i .

Marie hated her period.

Even while on the pill, occasionally her cycle would be initiated with annoyingly painful cramps. It was the perfect way to start her Thanksgiving break as she packed for the one night she was staying with her parents.

Sipping a few gulps of her cranberry juice, Marie threw a box of tampons and a few textbooks into her bag - she knew she should probably start preparing for finals. Especially, Nathaniel's final. 

Thinking of the professor, Marie checked the time on her phone. She had given Nathaniel her address and he had said he was going to stop by soon.

Marie heard a knock on her door as she zipped up her bag. She looked down at her lazy outfit, which consisted of sweatpants and a cropped tank top. Marie shrugged.

When she opened the door, she saw Nathaniel in the most casual outfit she had yet to see him in. He wore a fitted navy sweater with black denim jeans, complimenting his tall frame elegantly. Just one look at him and Marie could feel her heart skip a few beats giddily.

"Did anyone see you come up here?" Marie asked teasingly.

Nathaniel leaned into Marie, one hand against the door frame. "Yes. I looked them straight in the eyes and told them I was fucking my student."

Marie playfully nudged Nathaniel on his chest while looking around to make sure no one heard that or was looking at the two. She should've watched herself because in a matter of seconds, the door to her apartment was shut and she was pinned up against it.

"Do that again and I'll fuck you against the window for the whole city to see," Nathaniel warned in Marie's ear, his hard body pressed up against hers. She moaned as his lips met hers, feeling every movement of his tongue in her core. Marie let him trail his kisses down her neck as his hands roamed her body. They were dying of thirst for each other only after a few days apart.

Nathaniel pulled back, gazing down at Marie while tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. "You don't look well."

"I'm on my period and I have to see my family so...," Marie answered truthfully. "Also, if you're thinking of doing anything - don't. Again, I am on my period."

"You think that bothers me?"

Marie pecked a kiss on Nathaniel's cheek. "I appreciate your interest, but it's not really my thing."

"Fair enough."

Nathaniel pushed himself off Marie, finally taking a look around her apartment. "This is your place?"

Marie scoffed. "I'm a broke college student, not a professor with a six-figure salary."

"It's not six figures," Nathaniel muttered while inspecting the shelves near Marie's bed. He picked and turned anything that caught his eye, from books to a jewelry box her grandmother had gifted her.

Marie shoved her toiletries into a small bag, before placing the small bag in her backpack. She let out a sigh, content that she had packed everything she needed. Nevertheless, she ran through her mental list again.

"Is this a Pentax SLR camera?" Nathaniel asked, turning around to Marie and holding up her beaten-down film camera.

"Oh, yeah. I dug it up in my parent's attic for a photography class I took last semester," Marie answered as Nathaniel turned it over in his hand.

"It's been a while since I've seen one," Nathaniel noted, playing around with all the mechanisms before checking the film counter. "You've still got film in it."

"You know how to work that thing?" Marie asked. Nathaniel was older than her but not that old.

"I was always poking around my parents' stuff as a kid."