17

Kitty's p.o.v

"What do you mean you aren't coming?" Chris practically screeched into the phone.

"I mean, I don't think it's the best idea for me right now. I've been sick all this week and I don't want to get you and Jay ill while you're at the happiest place on earth."

"I'm not going without you." God, he could be so damn stubborn sometimes!

"Why not?"

"Because you were just as excited about this as Jaylee and I. We'll postpone if we have to." I released a sigh, knowing deep down in my gut that he wasn't going to change his mind.

"Okay, fine, I'll go." A loud cheer came from the phone. "If you'll excuse me, I have to go pack three times quicker than I normally would."

"You can do it toots, I believe in you. Do you want me to come over to help?"

"If you want, I wouldn't mind the company. Lee is with Chelsea tonight, I was gonna pick her up to bring her to you in the morning."

"Cool, I'll be there in a few with pizza. Olives and pepperoni?"

"You know me so well." He muttered something under his breath that I couldn't quite make out before quickly amending his mistake and hanging up the phone. "Well okay then."

I spent the next hour gathering clothes and packing the ones I liked. My bag was nearly packed when I heard my door open and close, followed by footfalls. It's crazy to me that I knew Chris well enough to know just from the sound of his steps that it was him coming down the hall.

"Pizza is here!" I finished folding my last shirt and packed it before heading into my shitty kitchen/dining/living area. "How are you doing gorgeous?" He pulled me in for a hug and kissed the top of my head in greeting.Tell him. Tell him now before you chicken out. He deserves to know.

"If I could just get over this stupid stomach bug I'd be great." He made a noise of pity in his throat and thrusted his wrist onto my forehead. It's not a stomach bug and you know, you dirty little liar.

"You don't feel warm or anything." I nibbled on the end of my pizza, enjoying the flavors as they hit my tongue. Spit it out coward! Stop shoving pizza in your mouth like a pig.

"That's the weird part, I haven't spiked a temp the entire time, and other than the ridiculous nausea I don't have any other symptoms." You know why though, and he deserves to know too. We migrated to the living room to continue eating, Chris and I catching up on random things like nothing had ever happened between us.

Although I said I wanted us to start over and slow down, I was finding that nearly impossible to achieve, especially now that he's been coming around the apartment. And because of the other thing you need to tell him about. Every time I was with him I wanted nothing more than to curl up in his arms and have him hold me which is not my usual at all. But that's probably because of the thing you need to tell the poor bastard Kitty. I have been blaming it on the distance, but a niggling in the back of my head makes me think that maybe it's something more. Yeah, it's me you idiot, your conscience that's yelling at you! Something I can't quite put my finger on. It's cause you never fucking listen to me! Oh shut up already! I'll tell him when the time is right, and that's final. Once I had silenced my mind, I began to wonder if he felt the same need to be close to me as I feel for him? Probably not since I've been a bit of a bitch towards him.

"How's the packing coming along?" Without a conscious thought, I snuggled into Chris' side when he threw his arm over the back of the couch. He seemed stunned at first, but quickly relaxed and held me to him. Just like that, everything felt right with the world.