Motorcycle Club Meeting

Dagger P.O.V.

I wonder what has gotten into her. She has had a long day, but something feels off. I watch as Eislyn disappears up the steps, and I make my way back the bar. I order a whiskey on ice, needing the soothing cold to go down my throat. Mickey, one of the night bartenders, gives me a double shot because he has already (annoyingly) read my mood. 

Links sits next to me. 

"We need to have a meeting."

"I'll spread the word."

I walk towards a group of men with their partners, and I lean down against Julian's ear. 

"Hustle."

Hustle is our code word for meeting without women or honorary members present. Sometimes we allow all members of the club to be in the meetings, but that's pretty rare. When it's information that needs to be kept on the down low, only people that really need to be there come to the meeting. It's not that we are discriminating against anyone, but we have to keep a chain of command or the whole club would be in disarray. 

I watch as Julian passes the message on those that are part of the need to know crew. The women understand why were keep a few things secret, but they don't exactly approve. However, we know that they each keep some secrets to themselves. 

We all meet in the conference room that Links specifically set up for meetings like this. We all sit in our assigned seats. Assigned by last names. 

"Welcome gentlemen. I know we haven't gotten a chance to sit down and talk about the changes that have occured the last few days. We all know about the abuse that our new honorary member, Eislyn Rose, has gone through, but we have some other things to focus on as well."

"Why is she our problem? Why is she even here anyway?"

I snap my head towards the man, Keith, that just spoke. I'm about to answer when Links holds out his hand for me to control myself. 

"I understand your questions, however, part of the reason this group was formed was to help people. Not matter who they are or where they come from. If you can't comply with that, you are welcome to leave."

"I'm just wondering who this girl is."

"I think most of you are. Am I correct?"

Nods are seen around the table.

"Well, she's a girl who showed up in the bar a few days, and she looked like she had been through hell. She was extremely scared, and so after some coaxing I was able to get her inside the bar and find out who she is. Eislyn comes from an abusive mother, her twin brother died, and her father is nowhere to be found."

"And why are we still taking care of her?"

I slam my hand against the table. 

"Because she's mine!"

Instead of the men getting angry at my outburst, they congratulate me on finding my girl. 

"I'm sorry for my reaction."

The men brush it off, completely understanding where I'm coming from. Links discuss a few other things about her, but then he gets to the 'rival' gang called The Birks.

"Now, with any new member and Eislyn being without a tattoo, we need to be vigilant on her whereabouts. When The Birks finally understand that she's one of us, they might back off. However, it might just make them ever madder. We also have to keep an eye out for Eislyn's mother."

Keith speaks up once again. 

"I'm just stating a fact, but we are sure as hell going through a lot of trouble for this girl."

"We would do the same for any other woman."

"I know, I know. And I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just pointing out the fact."

"I agree with you, but we can't let that stop us from doing what's right. She's one of us now, and we take care of each other."

Once we are all in agreement about the protection that needs to be put in place, the hustle meeting is finally dismissed. I scurry up the stairs and quietly open Eislyn's door. I press a subtle kiss to her forehead before disappearing into my room.