Lovely Confessions

I wake up to a scream coming from inside Eislyn's room. I fly out of the bed and fling open the bathroom door so hard, I'm surprised it didn't come off the hinges. Knowing that we are the only two people staying here tonight, I don't have to worry about letting anyone else know that she's okay. 

I run through the dark bedroom to see a sweaty but beautiful Eislyn sitting straight up in bed. She's breathing hard. The moon lights up her face which is extremely flushed. I sit next to her, cuddling her in my arms wordlessly. 

When Eislyn's breathing finally slows, and I know she's fallen back asleep, I carefully carry her back to my bedroom. I love knowing she's sleeping in here. There's nothing like falling asleep next to the woman you're falling in love with. Nothing like knowing that she's sleeping between your sheets. 

I've been dreaming about this feeling for so long, that I cannot even believe it's happening right now. I'm not kidding. Everything about this feels like a dream, and I don't want to wake up. I used to lay awake at night wishing that this comfort would happen to me, and it's finally here. I don't know what would happen if it were to leave. If Eislyn were to leave.

I think I would fall apart. She already means the world to me. My world would fall apart. 

Eislyn wraps her arms around my waist, her left leg tucked between my legs. I hold the back of her head and pull her closer to me. I tuck my head into her hair, breathing deeply, and I fall asleep with no worries in the world. 

I have everything I could possibly need right here in my arms. 

Around five o'clock the next morning, before the sun has ever risen in Arizona, my mind and body is awake. I should probably go work out. I need to get my body moving, and definitely not in the sexual way. Except if it was with Eislyn. Gosh, I can only imagine what her body would look like. 

Her curves could set any man on fire, and the fantasies about grabbing onto her non-clothed hips. Fuck. I need to work out and get a cold shower now. I've really got to stop thinking about her like that (for now) because I will literally combust. 

Shit, I have to go on rounds today too. I'm not making life any easier on myself. 

Before going downstairs, I write a quick note to Eislyn. I know that one of the girls will read it for her. Gosh, she's my forever girl. My right one. My little one. 

I make my way down to the bar to see Links setting up this morning. 

"Goodmorning, boss."

"Mornin', Dagger. How was your sleep?"

"Good, but I really need to get a work out going."

"You on rounds today?"

"Yep, and Eislyn's having a girls' day."

"Oh, I know. Marcie won't stop talking about it. How are you feeling with leaving her?"

"A bit nervous, but she's going to be just fine. She needs a womanly influence without me around. I can only do so much."

"You're teaching her to read and write next, right?"

"Yep. That's the goal. It's going to be a long process, but I won't stop till Eislyn can read anything she wants."

"You're great for her, you know. Treat her right. Just like I taught you."

"Just like you taught me. Well, I better get on with my run."

"Before you go, answer one question for me. Have you told her anything about your parents?"

"Nope. Now really isn't the time, and I'm not ready, but I'm going to tell as soon as I feel up for it."

"Alright. I don't want you to hide things from her."

"And I'm not, I just am not ready to talk about everything that's happened."

"For sure, for sure. I'll see you in an hour or two."

"Yep, I'll be back."