Old Realization

It was finally the day of the party and Adora and Catra were getting ready...well, Adora was to say at the least.

"Remind me again why you're getting ready two hours before the party?" Catra asked as she sat on her bed looking at Adora brushing her hair out. "I told you, I have somewhere to be." Adora smiled as she went to grab her purse. "Could I at least know so that I know you're safe?" Catra asked hesitantly. Adora softly sighed then smiled, "I'm going to go to the cemetery to visit my parents..I do it once a month."

Catra, which guilt on her face instantly regretted it, "Oh my god, Adora I'm so sorry I shouldn't have asked-" "No No, It's okay! You just wanted to know if I was safe or not." Adora cut her off smiling.

Catra let out a sigh of relief, being thankful she didn't offend the blonde. "Well, I am off. But I will see you later at the party right?" Adora smiled. Catra got up and smiled, "Of course you will, now get going or you'll be more late than u expected."

As the two girls hugged, Adora had this suddenly boldness come out of her. She then planted a kiss of Catra's cheek and looked at her smiling, "Well, see ya!" Adora said cheerfully, leaving Catra in a blushed dazed, "S-See you-uAgh!" Catra said trying to control her heart rate.

——-

As Adora made her way to the cemetery, she couldn't help but think why did she do it? Why would she just..send more mix signals? She didn't want Catra to think something else has changed between them, she didn't even want Catra to reject her...well that is, if Adora got her priorities straight.

Once she made it to her parents grave, she sat on the grass and took a deep breath. "Hi mom and dad..I hope you two are good.." She took a deep breath again.

"I feel like...I feel like times like this I need you two.." Adora started. "I don't know what to do..This whole year has been a huge mess!" She stared at the two graves that were beside each other.

Mara Carrero

William Carrero

Died in 2009

Adora sighed, "I..I feel like I listen to my head so much that I should start listening to my heart..But I hate myself so much because I can't!" That's when Adora started sobbing, releasing all the stress and confusion that has been happening all year. "I miss you guys so much! I miss you mom for helping me out with these types of stuff! I miss you dad for being there when I need an extra push!I-I know grandma is here to do all those things, b-but sometimes I feel like it isn't enough!" Adora let out all of her thoughts that she had been holding in.

"My friends mean everything to me! A-And I know they just want me to be happy and I-I feel like I can't even bring myself to feel that! A-And OH MY GOD! College started as t-this whole mess! I was dragged into something that I shouldn't of been dragged to! A-All because I let myself be happy for like what?! THREE MINUTES?! I want to be happy! I want that more in the world!B-But I feel like there's this other huge weight on my chest.." Adora stopped sobbing and wiped her tears as she let out a breathy laugh.

"L-Look at me, just ranting when I'm suppose to be here visiting you telling you positive things..ah ha." She smiled. Adora first touched her mother's grave, "I know what you would say mom..'follow your heart..because sometimes it right'." Adora giggled. She then touched her father's grave, "I know what you would say dad..'listen to your mother, she's right'." Adora laughed.

"Well...I'm glad I came to see you two, I'll see you both next month." She then put two roses on their graves. "I love you both very much..goodbye." Adora got up and went into her car.

I'm not going back into the dorm..I'm doing this right here..right now.

Adora felt teary again but sucked it up and dialed the phone number.

-----

As Catra got ready for the party, she heard her phone buzz.

Incoming call: Blondie <3

She then picked it up, "Blondie! I hateee to break it to ya, butt you're a tad bit late. But honestly, it's no big deal." Catra chuckled.

"Catra.."

Catra heard the shift of Adora's tone, it sounded a bit frightened, "Hey Adora, are you okay?Did something happen?" She asked with concerned.

----

"N-No nothing happened..just hear me out, please." Adora bit her lip from crying.  My god, I can't believe I'm doing this...

-----

"Adora..You don't sound too good, are you sure you're okay?" Catra asked sitting down concerned.

"Catra, I-"

-----

Adora couldn't hold it in, "Fuck why is this so hard?!"

"Adora, you're freaking me out. Tell me what's wrong now."

"Catra look just listen."

----

"I am listening that's the problem! I'm trying to figure out if you're okay or not." Catra said now more impatient than ever.

"Okay I get it, but let me just..get it together."

"It shouldn't be that hard Adora..Honestly I'm worried about you right now."

----

"Catra, look I-" Adora stopped herself and took a deep breathe.

"Okay Adora..I'm going over there-"

"NO!"

----

"THEN TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON!"

----

"CATRA I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU!"

🌈Until next time