CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR ━ THE END?

(chapter forty-four.) the end?
❝ THIS DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THE END. ❞

 ❞

POET WATCHED HER NEPHEW devour a bunch of food from different plates. About 10 plates of food were placed in front of him and he was eating as quickly as he could, gulping down the food that would get stuck in his throat by drinking water. The woman watched his eyes brighten and before she knew it, he was finished and he smiled widely.

"There." Before she knew it and could process what was happening, Paris sped them away, not before getting swatted in the arm by her. "Ow. Aunt Poet I'm trying to take us to the concert as fast as I can. I can't focus with you hitting me."

"Sorry," she apologized. "But I forgot to pay."

"The apocalypse is going to happen," Paris reminded her. "It'll be fine and they wouldn't be able to find us, Aunt. It'll be fine."

Poet stayed quiet before sighing. "You're right... just remember to pay, okay? If we can stop the apocalypse."

"Okay."

Paris stopped in front of the building the concert was taken place in and saw a bunch of a people running away and getting inside their cars. The Capulets stared at each other and sighed, walking inside and squatting when they heard gunshots not so far from them.

Heading towards the sound—as stupid of a decision that was, they saw the same people—if they were even people—they had seen at the bowling alley. Poet raised her hands and they glowed their natural scarlet color before she grabbed two of them and slammed them against the wall while breaking their necks. Paris sped away to grab their guns and shot at the ones he took them from, running a hand through his curly hair. They continued walking and Poet groaned when she saw more.

"Look for the others," she breathed out, eyeing the ones who went on the top. "I'll take care of those."

"Be careful."

"You, too."

Paris left and Poet wiped a droplet of blood from her forehead before levitating from the ground and going towards the ones shooting.

Coming behind them and placing her feet on the ground, she elbowed one on the side of their head before punching the other one on the side of their stomach. She grabbed its gun while shooting them and then turned to shoot at the other. She later raised her hands again, wiggling her fingers around so that the other bad guys necks could twist. Before anyone could blink, they were dead and she went to the others.