32. New Beginning

Enjoy Reading (:

---------------------------------------

Flashback:

One week after Kabir joined Hospital:

Zara was now getting used to his presence. They discussed the cases with other doctors and have established cordial professional relationship. Thankfully for her they never had the situation where they were alone.

She saw him getting attention of female staff everyday but never saw him responding. Good for her mental health.

He replied politely, smiled but she knew that smile was the one that he used to give in crowd. His real smile was the one when he was with children or his sweetie pie. That was missing.

She also saw him playing with kids in wards and that sight melted her heart as always. He always cheered any room but his presence has so much positive effect on kids. She knew about it because she has taken mental health classes for kids.

She has first handily suffered depression in childhood so she knew the importance of mental health among kids. Earlier she stayed away from kids because Kabir was in that ward most of the times. Afterwards she used to talk to kids in her previous hospitals but the paediatricians in that hospital didn't like some other doctor mixing with their patients and so she stayed away from them now.

She visited few orphanages and talked to kids there. It gave her relief. After her father was gone, she didn't have anyone left with whom she can have heart to heart conversation. So she has started spending more time with kids and focussed on her career to keep any loneliness coming to her.

Of course prayers helped her, a lot. In fact now she talks to Almighty on daily basis, which was good. But she felt the lack of human company, someone around her age with whom she could talk.

Her father insisted on getting her married but she always refused. His last wish was to see her with a good life partner who would care for her as much as he did. But he never forced her because his illness kept him from actually meeting any of the guys. He knew that she was financially independent but emotionally she needed someone. He took the promise from her to find the right partner for herself.

Right person was the one who will protect her, one who will take care of her always. And most importantly who will understand her for who she is and cherish her.

She never though in that direction before because she was busy grieving but now when a certain pair of blue eyes were present around her, her mind always wandered into endless possibilities.

None of which will come true if you don't even talk to him. Her brain scolded and she hushed it.

She was in the hall ways when she saw the same blue eyes waving in her direction.

She narrowed her eyes and looked behind her to see if there was someone else but there was only a ward boy who was busy sleeping on patient's gurney.

"Zara! Hey." She heard him saying and she was sure that her heart beated seventy one times in that minute because it skipped a beat.

He walked towards her.

Now her heart was beating faster.

"Hello Dr. Kabir." She replied with smile on her face. It naturally comes up when he is around.

"We are on for the dinner tonight, right?" He said in rather loud voice and Zara got confused.

Dinner.

Them.

Tonight.

She was getting a cardiac arrest for sure.