⇢ CHAPTER 38

season 7 episode 6

"How much do you think the cameras are going to change us?" Holly posed the question to Derek and Mark, who were in the elevator alone with her

"I don't know." Derek let out a sigh as Mark smiled.

"All I know is that the camera is going to love me."

Holly rolled her eyes and muttered, "Of course it is."

"What was that, Red?" Mark asked, acting as if he hadn't heard her.

Derek chuckled as Holly rolled her eyes, "You heard me."

DR. DEREK SHEPHERD

Chief of Neurosurgery

DR. HOLLY KEPNER

Surgical Resident

"We were paged down to assess the patient's head trauma." Derek announced, looking at the camera briefly before looking back at the patient through the glass.

Holly smiled at the camera, pointing behind her, "When they stabilize him, we'll go in and do our stuff." 

"Hold compressions, please." A man's voice was heard as the camera panned towards the trauma room, "Let's see what we have."

"Got a rhythm." Meredith nodded at the doctors.

"Does he have a pulse?"

"Yeah but," Cristina muttered, "half his brain is on the floor, so..."

"That's it." Owen shook his head at Derek and Holly, who had been waiting patiently, "He's basically brain dead."

"Wait..." Holly whispered, looking over at Derek as she nudged him and the camera panned back to the two, "Could he be a match...?"

Derek's eyes widened before he nodded, "He could be..." Derek looked at the camera, "Um, excuse us one second, okay?" The two walked inside, "Dr. Hunt." Owen brought his head up as Derek asked, "Is he a donor?"

"We're still gonna have to crossmatch him." Owen spoke as the documentary switched scenes from the E.R. to the patient's I.C.U. room. 

Holly stood next to Derek as he wrote down on the chart, "Oh, yeah, of course."

"Hey." Mark's voice was heard, making the camera pan to him as he approached the group, "Red, what do we got?"

"Hey," Derek smiled, "look at this."

"I think we've found a possible match for Zach." Holly smiled.

DR. MARK SLOAN