ACSC (Part Two)

After they cleaned, Leo invited Merida to watch the Christmas lights out on the streets. They left a note to mother superior and walked.

Merida rubbed both her hands together to warm it up. This was colder than earlier and the night was quiet now. Leo noticed her, so he took her and put his gloves on her. At first, she didn't want it but then he insisted.

"I told you, learn to be on your own, Love."

"It wasn't this cold earlier," she reasoned out.

After he put on the gloves he walked ahead of her. Merida is aware that Leo was distancing himself from her. She doesn't know why but it must be because she spends time with Jacob and he's upset. She has to do something for him, atleast just for this night.

So she ran to catch up with Leo and took his hand. Surprised, Leo looked down to her and she gaze up. "I want to keep you warm too."

Leo's face lit up and never would Merida think he would turn pink like that. He looked so cute that she laughed.

"Aye, stop it. I'm embarrassed."

But Merida was playful that she hold on to his arm now. "You're mine tonight. Let's have a proper date and make up for all the times we didn't spend together."

Near the park, a bunch of carolers were caroling. They have that booth kind of thing that has some greenery decorations with a mistletoe in the middle.

"We should go take a picture!" Merida exclaimed, dragging Leo with her.

Before they went to that booth, they stand still to listen to carolers. Merida was clapping her hands and singing along with them. Leo can't help himself but stare at her happy face.

"Do you want me to sing you a Christmas song?" Leo asked her.

"Yes, sure," she replied laughing because she thought he was kidding.

At the end of the song, Leo went to the carolers and asked if he could borrow a guitar. When they said yes Merida's jaw dropped as Leo started tuning and then strumming the guitar.

"I'm not really good at this but, I just want the lady I'm with to remember this night like how I am going to remember this."

Leo cleared his throat as strangers cheer up for him. And then he starts to sing Mistletoe by Justin Bieber.

It's the most beautiful time of the year
Lights fill the streets, spreading so much cheer
I should be playing in the winter snow
But I'ma be under the mistletoe

I don't wanna miss out on the holiday
But I can't stop staring at your face
I should be playing in the winter snow
But I'ma be under the mistletoe

To be honest, Merida never knew he can sing. It seems like there's so much about Leo that she doesn't know at all. He seemed like a stranger that happened to be always right when she needs him.

Everyone's gathering around the fire
Chestnuts roasting like a hot July
I should be chilling with my folks, I know
But I'ma be under the mistletoe

Word on the street, Santa's coming tonight
Reindeer's flying through the sky so high
I should be making a list, I know
But I'ma be under the mistletoe

His voice was angelic to her, it's a background music to what seemed to be growing in her chest. The more she looked at Leo, the more she wanted to drown into something warm and cosy. It feels like spring in a winter.

Ayy love, the wise men followed the star
The way I followed my heart
And it led me to a miracle

Ayy love, don't you buy me nothing
'Cause I am feeling one thing, your lips on my lips
That's a merry, merry Christmas

When the crowd's voice cheered loudly,it snapped Merida back to reality. She blinked couple of times and looked at Leo who smiled at her. Slowly, he stepped closer to Merida and now they're in the picture booth standing under a mistletoe.

It's the most beautiful time of the year
Lights fill the streets, spreading so much cheer

"It's him that you wanted here, I know, But I want to spend this night with you." The lyrics changed that made her eyes went round. "I know that I should've let you go. But I can't stop staring at your face. I should be staying away, I know,

But Love, I want you under the mistletoe.

With me... shawty with me...

Us under the mistletoe."

"Hey, you okay?" Leo asked Merida, taking off the guitar strap and then giving it back to carolers with a thanks.

Merida looked away. "Why did you change the lyrics?"

Leo chuckled. "I'm sorry, did it bother you?"

"Actually it did. It feels like you were—"

"No I'm not. That was for the girl who I happened to fall in love with years ago," he cut her off.

Merida didn't want to believe it but she didn't want to ruin the night so she forced a grin and clap her hands. "You never told me you could play guitar."

Leo snickered and watched her amusingly. "You never asked me," he told her. Leo thinks she can know everything about him but not just his heart.

They were about to go when the owner of the booth chased after them. The middle-aged woman gave them a photograph of them under the mistletoe staring at each other.

"You two look so in love, I couldn't help but take a photo," the woman giggled at both of them.

"This is so nice of you, madam. Thank you," Merida chimed looking at the photos.

"Oh! It's a small thing. I hope you guys enjoy the night, together." The woman smiled and then bid them goodbye.

"She's so nice!" She rejoiced as her and Leo continues to walk.

"You find everyone nice," Leo commented.

"Not!" She yells slapping Leo's arm.

Leo laughed at her reaction. If only he can pause time right at this very evening then it would've been the best.

"Have you thought about forgiving him, Love?"

Leo turned around to see Merida who stopped walking. Ah this look, he knows what it was. Pain taking over love and it's ugly. He strode towards her and tightly hugged her.

"I'm sorry I asked that."

Merida hugged Leo tight as she sniffed. She knows the song was for her and she knows she is hurting Leo. He knows how she feels and yet... "I'm sorry, I can't love you like how I love him."

Leo silently sighed as the pain crept into his heart. I know... but you didn't have to tell me that.