FIFTEEN

THIRD PERSON.

Since Kai had left Lakeside, the town had seemed a little quieter and little less colourful. Being the girl who'd help anyone in need, most elderly people's backyards had become overgrown as their favourite gardener wasn't there, some elders had no one to go on their daily walks with and some even struggle to get themselves groceries.

Amanda had no help setting up the church, Jason went into a mini hibernation as he has no lost both his wife and his daughter, he had no reason to leave the house except for grabbing food, but even then he limited himself to socialising as he wanted nothing more than to know his daughter was safe.

Gavin felt a little more hopeless, his best friend since they were born had disappeared of the face of the earth without a single text, and although the group fell out, he was still sad that she felt her only option was to leave the town.

And with it being a Sunday, the church was not far off being empty, the music played a little quieter, the people sat further apart and it seemed as if the town was falling apart.

Of course they weren't only sad for Kai leaving, but Corbyn too. The boy had been just as helpful as her, he became a treasure in the town, someone people would often ask for help if Kai wasn't available because they knew he was just as good as her with helping people who needed it.

Without the two there, the colour faded and the sun shone a little less brighter, because the two beams of light in the town went missing and no one knew where they were.

"Hey guys," Gavin said, sitting down at a table in church with Amanda, Jason and Summer, who had all decided to turn up to church as they hadn't for a few weeks running, "Did you see the update about Kai?"

"What update?" Jason sat up, looking at him, "When?"

"It was on some fanpage of Corbyn's band, they were seen together." Gavin shrugged as a somewhat slightly angry expression began to show on Jason's face, "Jason he won't do anything to hurt her."

"Where were they seen?" Summer asked as Gavin looked at her and slightly shook his head, knowing that if he said anything, Jason would let people know and they'd go search for her.

"Jason she'll come around." Amanda looked at him, "She loves you, she won't be gone forever."

"Can I see the fanpage?" Jason asked as Gavin slowly nodded, showing him the post before quickly pulling it away as he went to grab the boys phone, "Is that in Indiana?"

"Uh-"

Jason suddenly got up, grabbing his phone and walking out of the church as Summer and Gavin shot their heads to each other before following him outside.

"Jason she wouldn't want that." Summer yelled as Jason got into his car, "Jason!"

And without a response to the two teens standing just outside the church, Jason sped off towards his house as both Gavin and Summer let out a sigh, sitting on the steps as they stared at the boys phone screen.

"They must've left that state by now." Summer shook her head, "If they knew they were seen, they would've left, I just know it."

"But they could've only moved to the next state across," Gavin said, looking at her, "Which is Ohio."

"Or the state below," Summer shrugged, "But they couldn't have made it far."

"Summer if they're caught together they won't ever be allowed to be in the same state together again." Gavin said, "Jason will make sure of it."

"But Kai's happiness is wherever Corbyn-"

"I know." He interrupted her, placing his phone down, "Does anyone know about Corbyn?"

"I doubt it." Summer sighed before mumbling to herself, "Unless Ashley.."

"Who's Ashley?"

"His sister. She's talked to Kai before," Summer spoke up, "Kai told me about it, Ashley must know something."

"What if she doesn't? We can't just message her about it because then she'll know somethings up if she doesn't already know." Gavin explained as Summer scratched the back of her neck.

"Gavin it's worth a shot," the girl shrugged, "If she didn't know before and we told her she's super trustworthy, Kai told her secrets. If she knows anything she could help us."

"Help us to make sure they don't get caught, you mean?" Gavin asked as Summer nodded, "Ok, fine, let's send her a message."

a/n

hi baes how has ur day been today