Chapter 7

Daniel's pov

'Daniel, but I need to leave. I know you are being kind but I can't use that.' she said one more time. 'Well, lets see the news about the condition outside.' I said to her.

'Well, okay.' she said. I turned on the TV and we both sat in front of it. I put on the news channel where the reporter who was wet from head to tow standing in the rain said, 'It's crazy here outside. Not a good condition at all. The water levels are increasing, you all are advised to stay home.' He said in a loud voice. There was a weather warning.

She looked apprehensive after that. 'BUT...' she said. 'Let's have dinner first.' I said to her. 'Dinner?' she asked.
'Yeah, please don't say no. I like to take care of my guests. You sit on the table, I will get something for both of us.' I said.

I went into the kitchen and opened the fridge where my cook had kept my pre-made dinner. I warmed it up in the microwave and plated them. I took them outside and saw she was still sitting on the couch.

'Layla.' I called her. She looked up at me and got up. She came near the dining table and I pulled forward a chair for her to sit. She muttered thanks.

I sat beside her and started eating. 'You like it?' I asked her. 'It's good, very similar to what I eat in my diet everyday.' she said.

I continued talking with her and finished eating our dinner. I took our plates inside to put in the sink and when I came back I saw her standing by the window looking outside at the rain still pouring down.

'Worried?' I asked approaching her. 'A little bit. It is showing no signs of stopping.'she said.

'Why don't we wait for some more time?' I asked her and she nodded. We sat had small talk. She even showed me about what she was planning about of her blog and everything.

After a while we checked again and yup, still raining. She said, 'It's getting really late now, rain or no rain I have to leave.' she said and got up.

'BUT how will go?' I asked her. 'Uber, lyft?' she said taking out her phone. 'Okay but stay here until the driver arrives.' I told her and she smiled at me and nodded.

She got a ride and the driver cancelled it, then another one, then another one and then another one. 'What the hell is this!' she said a little bit frustrated. 'You know what, I will drop you.' I told her. I really didn't mind.

'There is no need. I really don't want you to go through of driving through the rain again. The roads will be filled with water. Besides that you are uncle Robert's son.' she said.

I rolled my eyes. Once again about the company. 'Don't go out.' I told  her straight out. 'It's dangerous.'

'BUT..... But I.... I can I mean I can't spend the night here.' she said. 'Why is that?' I asked her.

'I mean you..... We are... We are not..... I mean.' she started muttering. I got it.... She was feeling awkward. I smiled internally and felt like laughing.

'You don't want to stsy here for the night, right?' I asked her. She slowly nodded her head. I sighed. My penthouse actually was huge with five bedrooms but okay.

I grabbed her hand and took her out of my penthouse and went straight to the apartment next ddor.

It was small and was structured  somewhat like an extension to my penthouse. It had three bedrooms, a kitchen, living room and balcony. I opened it and led her inside.

'This is a different apartment altogether. You can stay here for the night. It nice, cozy and truth to be spoken not used by anybody. You can have it.' I said to her and she said, 'BUT still, thanks but I mean....'

'I am not your boss Layla, stop thinking that... I think of you as my friend and I will appreciate if you do the same. Okay. Have a good night layla. Tomorrow is a holiday.' I said.

'Good night Daniel. Thank you. She said and I smiled and left.

I hope she will see me as her friend one day. The way I get along with I would have actually asked her out on a date but the truth is that she is the kind of girl that is meant for relationship and marriage and not fro messing around. And sadly I am not structured for that.

With those thoughts I went to sleep happy about the fact that I would get to see her face first thing in the morning.