special chapter: dreamies' cafe

"Welcome to Dreamy Cafe!" Chenle greeted, standing by the open doors of the balcony. "How may we help you?"

"We'll take a table for two please." Haneul smiled. Chenle nodded leading them to the only table on the balcony. 

The kids were insistent on giving Haneul and Jaemin a relaxing night off and pushed through with their idea when they overheard Haneul wanting to go to a cafe.

Once they were seated, Jisung toddled over to them with two menus they had prepared beforehand.

"May I take your order deaw... dearest customers?" Jisung asked, trying his best to make his pronunciation clear. 

He wore a waiter costume that was a little too big for him as it was originally supposed to be Jeno. He had a small notepad in his hand and a crayon in the other to fit the concept.

"I'll have the pizza rolls with a coffee." Jaemin ordered.

"I'll have some honey lemon tea and fruit sandwiches." Haneul added, handing the colorful menu to Jisung. 

"We prepared a show for you if you want." Chenle offered, walking up to the two. "We practiced really hard."

"We'd love to watch you guys perform." She accepted.

The youngest disappeared into the home to relay the message to the kitchen team. Donghyuck worked on assembling the fruit sandwiches and heating up the pizza rolls while Jeno and Mark made their drinks.

"We don't have lemons."  Mark frowned, looking through the fridge. "Jeno let's go to the empty lot."

"Again?" Jeno whined removing the apron he had on.

"I'll take over the drinks. Jisungie can continue with the sandwiches." Donghyuck said, giving the two boys the opportunity to steal a lemon. 

Jeno and Mark held hands, looking both ways before crossing the street. Like they had done before, Mark boosted Jeno up so that he could climb up faster. Jeno successfully retrieved a lemon and readied himself to jump down.

"I got you! Don't worry!" Mark assured, holding his arms out. Jeno bit his lip and put all his trust into his older brother. He jumped down and landed in his arms. "Are you okay? Does it hurt anywhere?"

"I'm okay. You?" Jeno assured before looking at Mark thoroughly. 

"I'm okay as long as your okay." Mark answered, taking Jeno's hand and making their journey back. They enter the home and find that Donghyuck had prepared the ingredients for the drinks and was currently plating the food.

Mark and Jeno worked together to juice the lemon. The older boy paused and had a sudden realization. "Uh oh." 

"What's wrong? Did you get ouchie?" Donghyuck questioned.

"No. I remembered that coffee and tea need hot water." Mark sighed. "Do they want it hot?"

"I'll ask." Jisung mumbled, waddling back to the balcony. He tapped on Haneul's arm to get her attention.

"Yes baby?" Haneul acknowledged. 

"Does the tea and coffee have to be hot?" Jisung whispered to her.

"Yeah but- where are you going?" Haneul watched the young boy run back in and just shrugged, going back to watch the little performance by Renjun and Chenle.

"Noona said it has to be hot!" Jisung announced.

"We're not allowed to get hot water from the dispenser though." Jeno reminded.

"I'll do it. That way if anyone gets hurt or scolded it will be me." Mark volunteered, taking the cups. 

"But what if you get an ouchie?" Donghyuck asked. 

"At least you guys will be okay."

But it wasn't okay with the youngest. In panic, Jisung ran back out to the balcony and right into Jaemin's leg. He tugged on his shorts as he pointed to the kitchen desperately. 

"You want me to go there?" Jaemin mumbled, complying with Jisung's wordless request. He walked into the kitchen where Mark was pushing the chair towards the dispenser. "What's going on here?"

"Help with hot water please." Jeno requested, handing Jaemin the cups. Jaemin filled the cups up with hot water and placed them on the tray. "Thank you!"

"You guys don't need help bringing these in?" 

"No! Go back and sit." Donghyuck firmly rejected. Jaemin smiled at their determination to give them a night off and did as he said. 

"What happened inside?"

"Jisung wanted to go potty." Jaemin lied. He wanted to let the kids show off even if it was just for this night. 

Renjun and Chenle bowed, the younger nearly falling forward. "That's all we have prepared." 

Haneul and Jaemin clapped and cheered for an encore. Just on time, the rest of the kids walked in carefully with the trays of food. They placed the food on the decorated coffee table. 

"Dig in!" 

While the two ate, Donghyuck and Renjun performed a short skit which was just them actually arguing. It was more adorable than funny since Renjun was just too cute when he was angry. 

"What do you think?"

"This cafe is the best. Great food, great service, and cute staff. I'd like to keep coming to this cafe." Haneul gave them two thumbs up. "I give it 1000 out of 10."

"How about hyung?" Jeno asked.

"Same as your noona. If you guys make her smile like this with your service then this cafe is the greatest in the world." Jaemin grinned, giving two thumbs up. "What mode of payment do you guys accept?"

"Kisses!" Donghyuck immediately answered. "We get five kisses each."

"Okay. Line up and I'll pay. Those who have been paid go inside and clean up your mess." Haneul instructed. The kids lined up by age, Jisung being the last. She kissed each of them on their forehead five times each. 

"Will we still get good night kisses?" Jeno asked. 

"Of course. Go inside and help your brothers." Haneul assured, lifting Jisung into her arms. "You need to get to bed."

"I'm jealous. Maybe I should open my own cafe." Jaemin grumbled. Jisung looked at her with pleading eyes and pointed to Jaemin. Haneul rolled her eyes and leaned in to kiss his cheek.

"Just because Jisung told me to." 

"One more!" 

"No."