Chapter 3

Kneel Before The King

Chapter 3

Smaller on the inside

.•*•.

Watching from the carriage how the sun is slowly starting to rise itself onto the sky and light the whole world with its brightness that will cast the darkness aside and only show us the beauty and the light. My body feels exhausted as we rode through the whole night. I was not able to sleep for each time my eyes closed I saw the bodies and the blood that now I know will haunt my mind forever. The gruesome horrors that my eyes have seen will never be forgotten inside me.

Looking outside the window to see the lower towns. People waking up at the first light and life has begun in the lower towns. The carriage goes through a road that leads in the middle and while my eyes can't see the castle yet I know we are close. Looking at Delilah to see that she is fast asleep and I lightly smile. She has slept this whole time and I feel happy for at least one of us is able to sleep through this horror that we've witnessed only a couple of hours ago.

Looking back outside as the carriage goes through the towns and past the houses and the people there who barely even notice that the carriage is here. Soon my eyes catch sight of the majestic castle. It's much larger than my parent's and the one that I grew up in. The walls are built from stone which moss and vines have started to climb on. This castle's towers reach high up at the sky and I wonder if one can touch the shining stars at night if standing up there by the window and reaching the hand out in attempt to touch those beautiful sparkling lights.

As we reach the citadel the carriage stop and the doors open. The same guard stands there and reaches his hand our for me to take which I do and as soon as I am out of the carriage I'm met with the beauty of the castle. It's even prettier once you stand in front of it. From far away the castle is only made from stone yet now I can see how gold decorates the outside of it and I am sure it does on the inside. Knights and guards are everywhere that my eyes look yet I do not care much for that.

The castle's beauty is extraordinary and I can see how this King was my parents choice for us to wed for it is clear he carries gold and money to save my kingdom. With Delilah behind me as she had been woken by the guard and helped out of the carriage we walk inside the castle. I'm in awe of how things look from the inside and when I believed it could not get more beautiful it does. Inside gold is mostly what decorates and there are golden candleholders and golden inside the carpet that our feet walk on.

The walls also share some stones in pure gold. Some show sign of attempt of getting the stones out yet none seems to have made it and the gold stones remain. Gold stones larger than my face in the walls with stones all around them. We walk the hallways behind a guard that has been leading us. He opens a door for us and we walk inside. "Make her presentable. The King demands her presence in an hour" He speaks roughly to Delilah, yet before anything else could be said or done the door slams shut and I hear a clicking of a lock.

I turn to face the room that we're in and I realize that this must be the bedroom I am supposed to be in and while it does hold beauty it is rather small. Much smaller than my bedroom in my castle and I wonder if this castle is as big as I had thought it was. "Your Highness, I shall draw your bath" Delilah speaks and she opens each door that is around until she has found the bathroom where I soon hear the running of water. Walking over there I see that the bathroom is far too small for a Princess.

I do believe that this room is not suited for a Princess yet I do not want to complain for my guards were slaughtered and all they did was accompany me and keep me safe. Delilah helps me out of my gown until I stand there naked and I go into the small tub that is presented. The warm water heats up my cold body as the night was cold even when blankets were around me yet sometimes the cold cannot leave the body unless in hot water.

She cleans my body and then once I step out she dries it. "Your chests have arrived, Your Highness" She speaks when she enters the bathroom with a gown in her hands. A morning gown. She helps me into the corset before into the gown and then I stand walk into the main room where I see the chests which carry my clothes and my crowns. She opens the chest with the crowns and I chose one. A crown that shows my status as the Princess. She hands it to me and I put it over my head.

The gold crown with one diamond in the middle with the gold shapes all over it that bend all around in a beautiful pattern sits on my head. She helps me into the heels and then she brushes my hair and puts a necklace around my neck. My eyes catch sight of a mirror and looking in to it I smile to myself as I find myself looking beautiful. Now I am ready to be presented to the King and my future husband. The man that I am to marry for the sake of my kingdom and my people. As it is my duty.