Epilogue P1: Coming home

Art by Maddox_rider

.

.

.

“Okay, give me another interesting fact about yourself” Akaashi hummed.

“An interesting fact about me is that I’m an idiot” Bokuto smiled, triumphantly.

“...”

“Please laugh”.

Akaashi let the silence sit for little of a second before outright snorting.

The air reverberated throughout the empty lounge of Akaashis and Bokuto’s apartment.

They sat there on the couch, Akaashis head laying on Bokuto’s chest as Bokuto smiled fondly down at his giggling face.

It was late morning and they had yet to draw the curtains open. They lay heavy across the balcony opening and the windows while golden light tried to peek in at any corner it could manage.

“Okay, now you give me a fact” Bokuto prompted, nudging Akaashi, softly.

“Like yours was even a fact” Akaashi rubbed at his nose with the crook of his finger, tiredly.

His last exam paper had been yesterday and even after 10 hours of good sleep in, exhaustion still settled into his bones.

Especially when they were both lying so languidly over the couch.

“Well, I mean” he started.

“I guess I like it when guys roll up their sleeves so you can see their forearms,” he shrugged a shoulder.

Bokuto blinked once, twice before looking down at his arms.

“Akaashi”.

“What?” he turned his head to look up at him.

“I only have two arms,” he whispered.

“Okay, that’s it” Akaashi slapped his chest once and then moved to get up.
“We have to pack. I don’t want to arrive at your parents near midnight”.

But Bokuto’s arms wrapping around the middle of his torso and pulling him back against his chest prevented this.

“They won’t mind, they won’t mind” Bokuto nuzzled his nose into the back of his neck.

“Yes, they will” Akaashi tried and failed to reach behind him and swat at Bokuto.

“What kind of signal does it send when we don’t care about tardiness”.

“Like you didn’t wake up at 11 am this morning” Bokuto teased, a tinge of whininess to his voice.

“I seem to remember someone waking up only 10 minutes beforehand” Akaashi scoffed.

He finally gave up, slumping bonelessly into Bokuto's hold.

“Just one more fact” Bokuto kissed his shoulder blade where the collar of Akaashi’s shirt rode down.