50

Chapter 50:
PROPOSED

The blonde haired girl's hands trembled uncontrollably. Tears continued to flow out from her beautiful blue eyes. Everyone is calling her, but her focus and attention was only on one person. Someone who is unconscious with fresh blood flowing out in several parts of his body.

Harry Styles.

"Doctor Swift!"

Taylor didn't even flinch when doctor Payne shouted her name loud enough. Liam took a deep breath and pulled Taylor's shoulder to make her look at him. Liam fell silent. This is the only   time that he saw doctor Swift in a state like this.

"Let me examine him further. You look. . . unstable. You can wait in front of the ICU—"

Taylor shook her head while cutting Liam off mid-sentence. "Let me check him. Let me treat him."

Walking hastily, Taylor walked to the metal trolley that was brought by the nurse and took a syringe. Her hands were still shaking and Liam held her arm.

"If you want him to survive, let me check his condition, now. How can you check his condition when you yourself isn't even stable? We must act quickly, doctor Swift!"

Without waiting for Taylor's reply, Liam moved quickly to check the condition of Harry's body, while Taylor just stared blankly at Liam. Some nurses glanced at the doctor who rarely looked this sad.

Taylor's body became more relaxed and calm when Harry's cardiograph recordings began to show irregular lines, which means he still has a pulse. Liam began to use CPR and Taylor turned, stepping quickly out of his room.

The girl leaned against the door of the operating room while covering her own face. Behind the hand covering her face, she bursted into tears. Not knowing what she should do. This was the first time she felt completely useless as a doctor.

Zayn Malik, who stood a few meters away for a while, stepped closer. Zayn touched Taylor's shoulder as he said, "He'll be fine."

Taylor shook her head and her mouth was speechless, unable to say a word. Finally, Zayn embraced Taylor to sit on the waiting chairs and Taylor obeyed. The girl still covered her face with her hands and Zayn could do little more than accompany her, by being by her side. After waiting for a while, the door to the room opened and Taylor and Zayn's attention was diverted. Doctor Payne walked out with his head bowed.

Taylor got to her feet and approached Liam without further ado, saying, "How's his condition? He's fine, right?"

Liam closed his eyes, lifting up his face before opening his eyes slowly. "I'm sorry, please forgive me."

That answer silenced Taylor and lowered her head before stepping quickly into the room and found several nurses who were doing. . . the final examination? Taylor's body trembled, she could no longer hold back her tears. The girl took a deep breath and let out a slow breath, then said in a trembling voice, "You— you can go now. Let me—"

The nurses nodded before moving one by one to leave the room. Leaving Taylor and the young man lying limp and pale on the bed. Taylor closed her eyes briefly and walked over to the bed where Harry lay. The girl paused for a moment before she bursted into tears. The girl burst into tears while biting her lower lip, hoping that it would reduce the pain she felt now.

"Didn't you promise not to meet me in this condition? Why didn't you keep your promise?" Taylor's hand squeezed tightly at the edge of the bedspread, closing her eyes, her heart felt like it just shattered into a million pieces.

"Aren't we still going on a date? But how can we date if you're like this? Is that your hobby? Giving me false hopes and just leave like it's nothing? If it's going to be like this, then I'd better just accept Zayn's proposal yesterday."