Chapter 9

'Breaking down'

Y/n's pov

"You look cheery today." Jennie said looking at me and I shrugged and continued to eat my food.

It's monday and I've been talking to Chaeyoung since the restaurant. I feel so lively about myself. I stayed up all night yesterday talking to her on the phone and when I woke up, I felt so energetic. It's weird right?

"Somebody's been getting it." Lisa said as she sat down besides Jen. I shook my head smiling down as I eat.

"You are?!" Jennie asked and practically the whole cafeteria heard her shout. I coughed and drank water.

"Dude!" I shouted and the two were laughing at me.

Mina besides me was just quiet and minding her own business. We weren't exactly speaking and I don't know why. I tried to but then she starts to act out and avoid me as much as she can.

I tried to space out these idiots' voices mocking me and tried to look for Chaeyoung discreetly. We haven't seen each other in person since she was busy.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I read the message under the table.

Chaeyoung
Look to your left, maybe you'll find me there

I held in my laughter but my blushing, I can't control that.

I looked at her direction and she was smiling at me. She winked and I rolled my eyes looking back down at my plate.

Chaeyoung
Need saving? Let's go to the field right now

Me
You have time for me? How loving of you

Chaeyoung
Pfft! I always have time for you love

I stared at the nickname for awhile and stood up looking at her way. She gestured me to follow her and left the cafeteria doors. Oh the things I impulsively do for her.

"Where are you going?" Mina asked and I looked back and she was gone already, out of my sights.

"I- need to see someone. Will you be alright going to class alone?" I asked and she seemed disappointed but still nodded.

"I'm not your property y/n I'll be fine on my own." She whispered and I clearly heard it making me shocked.

Lisa and Jennie were also taken aback by her words since Mina was always the one who won't talk rationally to people close or not close to her. She's an angel, a literal angel who won't sin.

"Uh.. I'll see you later? Guys?" I asked and they all nodded and it was my cue to dash. I put the tray on a small table and pushed the doors open to see her standing there waiting for me.

"Took you long enough." She held out her hand hoping for me to embrace it. I didn't hesitate and held hers passionately and we both walked outside.

"I miss you." Chaeyoung said whispering to my ear as we walk. I would be lying if I said I didn't feel anything at how her breath hit my ear.

"We've been talking to each other everyday."

"Yeah but.. A phone call doesn't beat face to face. I also missed your perfume." She winked and I scoffed.