19. Confession

~song of the day~
Born to die - Lana Del Rey

~song of the day~ Born to die  - Lana Del Rey

I see a man and a woman kissing. He had his arms cupping her face while she wrapped her arms around his waist.

The man was my dad.

But the woman wasn't Shelia.

I stood froze to the spot, unable to say a word. Gray immediately stands in front of me, blocking my view, but it's too late. I already saw the scene.

My dad was cheating on Shelia.

"Kelch, get in the car. Please, " Gray pleads softly.

This time I listen to him and get into the car without saying a word. Gray starts the car and drives away.

I stare down at my fingers, refusing to look at Gray. He had seen my dad kiss another woman. I knew he cherished his mum and couldn't even begin to imagine what's going through his mind.

He probably hates my dad now. Maybe he hates me too. I bite my lips in an attempt to stop myself from crying.

I knew my dad wasn't the type to cheat, but I did see him kissing another woman. I've never seen my dad with another woman until his relationship with Shelia, so I'd like to believe he's a loyal man.

I trust him.

Life being the fucked up bitch that it is, decided to let my phone ring at that moment.

I stare at Shelia's name on my phone till it stops ringing. Gray didn't seem to notice my phone ringing, preoccupied with his thoughts.

A message from Shelia comes in a few minutes later.

Sheila:
I'm about to make lunch and would like to know if you'd be coming home soon.

I bite down harder on my lower lip. Here Shelia was, caring about his daughter, while my father was gallivanting around with a stranger.

Me:
I'll be home by dinner.

I sigh and switch off my phone, resting my head on the headrest. I kept on thinking there has to be a reason why I saw what I saw, but couldn't come up with anything.

Cheating is cheating. There's no excuse for cheating.

"Where are we going?" I ask Gray, breaking the awkward silence.

"A high up place, " he replies with a small smile.

"Heaven?" I scrunched my brows.

"No. A cliff, " he laughs.

What?

A few minutes later, we are driving past the mountains. Gray pulls up to a spot just before we get to the cliff. The mountains were quiet.
The only noise around was from the rustling of trees and the chirping of birds.