Chapter Twelve

"Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand

"Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong

A light flow of rain cascades down onto the people of Rosía. Moonlight illuminates the sky, creating a visible path for Liam and Alia who walk in the direction of their homes, full from a lovely meal. Nightfall has quickly reached them, darkening the skies and silencing their surroundings.

The pair spent a few hours in the restaurant talking about important trivia on their town, which Alia now understands is called Veuross. After the skies turned dark, they decided to end their stay and left Ivanov's. Unfortunately, the weather had turned against them and now they walk under the ever-increasing rainfall whilst their booted feet squish the wet grass beneath them.

Alia's hair has quickly stuck onto her neck and face like a second skin. Her black, denim jacket is becoming wetter by the second, still able to shield most of her skin from the chill breeze that continues to flow past them.

After eventually passing the first few houses of their housing estate, Alia spots her home near the far end, right next to the left side of the forest.

Liam nudges her right shoulder with a smile on his face, "I'll see you around, Alia."

Before she can respond, he moves away from her side and towards his house. She really enjoyed her time with him today. Being kept up in a house for the most part of five days has become quite boring and getting to spend a day out with a newly acquainted friend is definitely the highlight of her week.

She reaches the entrance of the stone building and fishes out a key from her jean pocket. Unlocking the door, she pushes it open and kicks it closed with her foot. Her boots leave wet, slightly muddy prints against the wooden floors and she decides to slip them off and leave them near the door to fully dry. Water drips onto the floor from loose strands of her hair as she bends over and balances on one leg at a time to take the shoes off. A warm shower is very much needed.

It barely ever rained over at the Pack of Vasileís, but over here she can tell it is a common occurrence due to Liam's indifference as they walked under the ever growing rainfall. Alia doesn't know what to feel about the weather just yet. Right now she might enjoy the rain but in the near future she could grow to despise it. What she does know is that she'll have to check weather forecasts from now on so that she doesn't end up like she is now.

Alia takes off her jacket and holds it between two her right thumb and index finger. She walks down the hall and into her bedroom.

Throwing the black, denim jacket over the top corner of the door, she takes off her socks and begins to peel off her slightly wet, white t-shirt and very wet jeans. Before she pulls her top over her head, she sees a dark shadow pass her bedroom window. Startled, she quickly tugs the t-shirt down and scolds herself for forgetting to shut the curtains. Alia will have to keep reminding herself that her bedroom no longer resides on a second floor and that people passing by can very much see her undressing.