𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟔𝟖

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

Astrid wondered why the Force was urging her towards Tatooine as she emerged from hyperspace and the brown desert planet came into view before her. There was absolutely no reason for Obi-Wan to be on Tatooine, and it wasn't exactly a very hospitable planet. 

Astrid swallowed the emotion that swelled in her throat as she recalled the last time she'd been on Tatooine. She'd been with Obi-Wan and Anakin then, trying to destroy a Separatist droid factory that turned out to be a fake rumor, a trap sprung by the Sith Lord Darth Maul in an attempt to catch Obi-Wan Kenobi. 

As her starfighter entered Tatooine's dry atmosphere, she was overcome with nostalgia. Oh, to be a young, naive Padawan again, simply following the orders of Master Secura and Master Kenobi with Anakin by her side. 

Astrid let the Force guide her towards Mos Eisley, and she landed the ship just outside the city. Sand plumed up into the air from the engines of her starfighter. As Astrid jumped down from her starfighter and began heading towards the outskirts of the city, she tugged her black cloak tighter around her despite the twin suns, insistent, merciless heat beating down on her.

Unsure of what exactly she was doing and where she was going, Astrid began to walk aimlessly through the dusty, sandy streets of Mos Eisley. People milled along the streets all around her, and all of them were either wearing head wrappings or hats to shade themselves from the relentlessly hot suns. 

Astrid kept her head low as she walked through the unfamiliar streets, and she wished-- not for the last time-- that Anakin was with her since he knew the city like the back of his hand. Eventually, the back of her throat grew parched with thirst, so she walked up to a random vendor's cart along the side of the street. 

"Do you have any water?" Astrid asked the green-skinned vendor. 

The vendor's oval-shaped head bobbed once before he bent down, disappearing behind the cart as he went to retrieve her a flask of water. Astrid scanned the crowded streets around her as she waited. She couldn't imagine living on Tatooine for more than three weeks. She didn't know how Anakin had managed to live on this scorching hot, dry planet for nine years

Her eyes caught on a figure wearing a familiar looking brown chestnut cloak, and her heart skipped a beat as her breath caught in her throat. Abandoning her hunt for water, Astrid began striding towards him, her black cloak billowing behind her in the dry wind. She heard the vendor's protests from behind her, but she ignored him as she hurried towards the male figure. 

The cloaked figure's back was turned away from her as she came to a stop ten feet away. She began hesitantly in a whisper full of tentative hope, "Obi-Wan?"  

The cloaked figure turned at the sound of her voice, revealing a kind face with a pair of widened, shocked, caramel-colored eyes and a scrawl of cinnamon hair across his jaw. Her heart soared with elation. 

 Obi-Wan. 

With a choked laugh, Astrid rushed forward and embraced him, and she felt his arms wrap around her for a moment before he pulled away and, grabbing her arm, said urgently, "Follow me." 

Astrid followed him wordlessly as he led her around the building into an alleyway out of sight of the curious people in the street. He was smiling, but his solemn eyes held a twinkle of sadness. Astrid supposed her eyes looked the same. 

"Where have you been?" Astrid asked, even though she supposed she already knew the answer. He'd been on Tatooine. Astrid hurriedly added, "What happened to you? Last I checked, you'd just defeated General Grievous."