XVIII

Previously

Previously.

Hoseok smiles brightly. "It was nice meeting you. We'll see you again soon with the rest, you'll get along nicely with the other too."

She can't help but flush, taking that as a compliment and high five herself.

"Anyways," he stands at the edge of the hallway. "I'll get going. I imagine you and JK have things to talk about." He looks at Jungkook pointedly, his eyes speaking something that the other catches instantly. Hana's lips pull into a frown before he disappears.

"What did he mean?" She turns to Jungkook who sits with a slightly nervous posture.

"We need to talk about something important."

————————————————————————

Jungkook shifts nervously on the sofa. It's not that he's scared of having the conversation so much as he is scared of the outcome. But Hana's eyes are already open with comfort and understanding and he pushes himself forward to sit closer to her. He's still starving, his eyes glance at his burger longingly.

Hana snorts a giggle. "We can talk later if you're starving."

"No no," he shakes his head. "We can eat afterwards."

The silence that follows is his cue to speak. "So, you know my management is uptight about certain things."

He can see the emotion change in her eyes, the way they instantly widen then relax as if in remembrance of the past.

"Yeah."

"Well, a couple of days back..."

Jungkook shoots into the story of his meeting with Minhyuk and Sunmi. In his mind, he pictured recalling this incident casually, as if it didn't have as big of an impact on his life than he expect. But as the words leave his mouth, his tone becomes quieter, expression solemn. Jungkook is used to meetings and scoldings, he's used to management being up his ass for the last time he went to practice or being on a tight schedule. It's never bothered him because the effect is on him.

But as he sits here, with Hana close and in front of him, he can't help the feeling in his stomach. Her face contorts with worry; the previously non-existent lines on her face appearing from the way she frowns. She tries to hide it well, Jungkook knows that from the way she would casually pick up a piece of a fry and munch on it or the way she would give him a small smile to encourage him to speak further. He wonders if she knows how obvious it is for him to see the apprehension in her eyes, the slight shake of her fingers and the tapping of her foot underneath the fall of her summer dress.

"So they want to know who I am? That's not so bad Jungkook, you were worrying about nothing."

He silently appreciates the way she tries to calm him down amidst her own panic. Normally, he would lean into the comfort of her words but this time he doesn't. If anyone needs any comfort it's Hana.