-26-

Over the next few days, the agency worked on getting Chaos Emerald missions set up, none of which the time travelers or Teleporter and Detonator would be taking. After their recent excursions, the agency told them to rest and let them handle the missions. 

So after that, they had the Emeralds located and they sent out squads to fetch them, which meant their days left in the past were limited.

Currently, Shadow was in his room sleeping, the professional medics getting him entirely patched up and ordering him to rest, which clearly hadn't been an order issued to him often in the future. (Y/n) almost thought it hilarious, the looks he was giving the doctors. The Ultimate Lifeform needs rest? Inconceivable! 

But he'd given in...eventually.

"Thirty years," Detonator said as she sat with him in the lobby, chewing on a carrot. "When you go back to the future, you won't look a day older, mate. Me and Teleporter, we'll be way past our prime. We'll probably have retired, have families...." 

"Or a family," (Y/n) said, nudging him playfully. The panther rolled his eyes, smiling. "You'll remember us, right?" 

"Of course! And to find you, all I'd have to do is track down Sonic the Hedgehog, am I right?" 

"Yep. And he's pretty famous, too.

"Then that'll be a piece of cake. I'm trained to track people down, so tracking someone famous down...." He smiled again, leaning back in his seat. "But I'm gonna miss you blokes for the next thirty years. To you, it's just the blink of an eye." He punched the (a/t) in the arm lightly. "If I promise to remember you, you have to promise to remember me, alright?" 

"How could I forget a panther who can create bombs from thin air and a cheetah who can teleport?" (Y/n) paused thoughtfully, tapping her chin. "Detonator is a code name, right? Who would name their kid Detonator?

"Good point. A little detective, you are." 

"And you slipped up back in the plane, didn't you. Teleporter's name is Claire, isn't it?" The panther chuckled nervously, rubbing behind his neck. 

"Don't tell her I slipped up," he whispered. "She thinks her code name sounds tougher." 

"What's your name?

"Only if you promise not to tell." 

"Promise.

"Alright...Tom." The (a/t) pretended to think over it and one of Detonator's ears twitched. "'Ey, it's not that ridiculous!" 

"No, no! Just kidding! It's great." She looked down at her hands in her lap. "I'm really gonna miss you guys. We had some good times together.

"Yeah, you guys are trouble magnets." Detonator laughed with (Y/n), though the (a/t)'s were silent, more in her expression. After the laughter died down, the panther pressed his hands together. "Well, I know it's kind of a weird parting gift, but it'll be something that's solely me." He parted his hands from each other to reveal a shiny, navy blue bomb. He chuckled nervously. "I know, I know, really weird. But-" 

"I want it," she said, holding her hand out. The agent's eyes widened slightly. "I'm not the super violent type, but who knows! Maybe I'll really need a special bomb in the future, and voila! It'll be there." Detonator blinked several times, then smiled and slid the bomb into her hand. "But for now, it's solely you.

"Oh, you're a sweet one," he said, standing up and opening his arms. (Y/n) pushed herself up and accepted his hug. "Time can be a strange thing, but I know I'm gonna remember you." 

"And I you.

~

Later, the (a/t) met up with Teleporter, who was looking much better, though she had some bruises and scratches. "Teams have been deployed, we're getting those Chaos Emeralds for you," she said, sitting down in the lobby where (Y/n) and Detonator had been only an hour ago. 

"How long have you been an agent?

"Longer than Detonator, if that's what you're wondering. I had a close relative that worked here, so I started training much earlier than he did." The cheetah's cheeks flushed. "Oh. I see." She cleared her throat. "It's just...kind of my thing to be professional and all that, but I've gotten to know you now, and I think it's time I let my guard down." (Y/n) gave a small smile. 

"It's okay. I understand. It took me this long to get Shadow to fully open up to me, and I've spent way longer with him. Also, do you know how much convincing it took to get him to lay down and rest? He's probably staring at the ceiling right now.

"Sounds just like him." Teleporter shifted awkwardly in her seat, noticing (Y/n)'s hands running over the smooth surface of the bomb. "Detonator gave you one of those?" The (a/t) nodded. The cheetah shifted again. "Well...um...I'm not a super great gift giver, but I kind of wanted to give you something that would remind you of me, and...maybe help you when Shadow gets his powers back 'cause I heard he could teleport and-" She cleared her throat. "Okay, I'm a little socially awkward when it comes to being sentimental." 

She held out a device towards (Y/n), the (a/t) accepting her offer. She looked it over, glancing curiously up at the agent. "It's a teleporting device," she said. "It...it's probably a little old fashioned compared to what you probably have in the future, but it connects to your thoughts upon touch, especially since you can't...you know." 

"Thank you," (Y/n) said, smiling up at the cheetah. She touched the device in the specific place, thinking of where she wanted to go. She disappeared, then reappeared on the other side of the room. "This is amazing!"

Teleporter let out as uncharacteristic laugh, grinning. "Remember me," she said, standing up and walking over to embrace the (a/t). "Thirty years. That's so...long."

"It'll be the blink of an eye for me," (Y/n) said, returning the embrace. "Of course I'll remember you. You just have to remember me."

"I'll never forget you," she said. "You proved me incompetent." (Y/n) rolled her eyes and pulled back. "But you also proved to have an influence on even the toughest of us, and I will never forget that."

"Thank you, Teleporter. For everything."

"And thank you."

(Y/n) knew that she'd made the memories of a lifetime.