49

** ok guys the episode based chapters will be coming back soon! I know it's been a while loll but dw they are on the way (mothman ep is next and I'm hyped)

Shane and I spend all evening decorating his apartment, baking cookies, dancing to Christmas music and just enjoying ourselves. We also talk a little bit about or "Christmas gifts" this year. Shane and I have decided that rather than both get each other a present, we're going to go out and adopt a cat together for Christmas. We've both been wanting one and now that my brother Chris is close enough to cat-sit we don't have to worry about traveling. It does feel like a big step though, sharing a pet is definitely a commitment.

When we finish decorating and everything I spend the night at Shane's and the next day we decide to go to a shelter 'just to have a look'.

Of course we end up falling in love with an adorable orange cat that is about 2 years old. Shane and I are sitting in one of the closed off pens where you can meet the pets and the cat is in my lap purring. Shane stands up from where he had been kneeling beside me.

"That's it we're taking him home," shane says. I laugh, we hadn't planned on adopting just yet, but then again Christmas is only 5 days away.

"Are you sure?" I ask, Shane nods. He wasn't really a cat person at first with but I could tell that he was already in love.

"I'm sure," he says. The cat was going to be staying at Shane's apartment because it was more expensive to have him at mine.

We go through all the paperwork and come up with a name for the lil guy, originally called Fishy. We just shorten the name and change the spelling so his new name is Phish, just like the band shane is obsessed with. Shane and I buy everything that Phish could need to live in the apartment and finally he's ours to take home.

When we get back to Shane's apartment we spend the rest of the day with Phish. I snap a picture of Shane and Phish and decide fuck it, lemme throw the fans a bone. With Shane's ok I finally confirm the rumors about our relationship in a pretty offhand way.

Sophie's Insta Story

I end up staying the night at Shane's again because I can't bring myself to leave Phish just yet, he's too adorable

The last few days before Christmas pass quickly. Everyone is pretty occupied with planning for the true crime release and the paranormal shoots. I stop at Shane's apartment every night after work to visit our cat and then I'll either spend the night or head back to mine.

On Christmas Eve we get out of work a little early and Shane and I are planning on making dinner at his house and watching a Christmas movie or something. I stop at my apartment before going to his and pick up a little surprise I got for him. When I get to his apartment he lets me in and I smile,

"Surprise!" I say, holding up a stack of three gifts.

"Sophie! We said no gifts!" He says,

"I know but it's technically not a Christmas gift, it's a Christmas Eve gift!" I say and he shakes his head, smiling. We sit down on the couch and Phish jumps into my lap. I pass shane one of the gifts and hold onto the other two.