||Chapter 24||

Cecelia

The guys didn't want me to go home hungry so we stopped at the diner to grab some food. I tried explaining to them I was fine and still full from going to Pete's but my continuous fainting wasn't helping my case. They grabbed me 'my usual' and we ate in the parking lot considering it was fairly warm outside and really packed inside.

"You sure you don't want us to take you to the hospital" Cole asks looking down at me. I shake my head "It's fine this has happened before" I say smiling and biting into my burger "What is it?" He asks picking out what he called 'uneven bits of lettuce' in his burger.  I chew on a small part of the inside of my lower lip realising how close I was getting closer to them.

I did really trust them but I didn't know them well enough to tell them about this. Even the girls didn't know about this "Low iron? My friend had that" Jamie says assuming "Something like that" I say with a small laugh.

🍔

Once we finished eating they drive me back to my place making sure I got home safe. I give them each a hug goodbye followed by a thank you before I walked back into the house through the side entrance. Memories of my past life came creeping back in. I shake off the tingle I get at the bottom of my stomach and walk upstairs to my room.

I take nice long showers washing off the little make up I had on and let the memories from tonight flow down the drain. I walk back into my room to see my phone screen lit up. Butterflies enter my stomach as I see Tate's name on the screen. I hesitate before catching it on the last ring "Hello?" I say confused as I hear him let out a sigh of relief "Oh good you're fine" he huffs out "Yeah" I reply confused "Was just checking up making sure you got home alright" a red flush rushes to my cheeks. He cared. "Oh no yeah I'm fine" I say playing it off "I would have preferred taking you home myself but I'm glad" he replies still bitter towards Cole "Well thanks for checking up" I say whilst contemplating wether I was wanting to talk on the phone all night or just wrap myself in my blankets. "Hey Elena" he says causing my heart to melt "Yeah" I say biting insides of my cheek trying to hide my smile in my tone "you know you can still talk to me right" he says in a familiar soft tone "I know" I say smiling. But did I? Based on the last few weeks I wasn't even sure he wanted to look at me "I know something happened tonight and when you're ready to talk I'll be here okay" I smile at the phone recognising my old friend "Thanks Tate" I say not ready to talk just yet especially not about River.
"Anytime Elena" he says in his sleepy voice followed by a yawn "okay get some rest now" I say hearing his yawn "Yes Ma'am" he says jokingly. I let out a little laugh before wishing him goodnight "Night Tate" I say hoping into bed "Sweet dreams princess" he says so naturally. I smile before hanging up. I was going to respond but I knew if I did I wouldn't be able to stop talking.

I smile placing my phone on the night stand turning over to look at my bare roof as my eyes flutter to sleep.

🌤

The next morning I get texts from the girls asking if I was alright and if I made it home safe. I give all the same generic not too much detail reply before sliding down the bannister. It was weird it seemed obvious the current situation River and I were in now but it was hard to define considering I had no idea what we were before I mean were we just good friends who hung out constantly and kissed occasionally or was what he did at the party cheating? It was hard to process but all I knew was it hurt and didn't feel like seeing him for a very long time.

I decided to shrug it off for now there was no point in dwelling on things I have no control over. I decide to make some berry pancakes considering they were Livs favourite and I hadn't been spending much time with the little devil since she got back.

I slip out the ingredients and put them together measuring out the flour and sugar before mixing in the wet ingredients. I mix the berries in then spoon the batter onto the pan.

I smile as I flip them only imagining how happy Liv will be when she sees I made her favourites regardless of what she labelled my 'annoying allergies'.

I'm slicing the bananas when she stumbles into the kitchen rubbing her eyes "Cece" she says her eyes still closed "Good morning Liv" I laugh as she rubs her eyes "What are you..." she says opening here eyes looking around the kitchen confused "PANCAKES? You're making pancakes" she says smiling. I smile back in nod my head "Yes yes yes" she says jumping around in circles. I laugh at how cute she was "Come help me set the table silly girl" I say placing the peels in the bin.

She walks over to the draw pulling out the spoons and knives I smile realising that was the most she could carry.

I walk with her to the table as I carry the bananas. She looks up at the table confused "You're not going to eat Cece?" She asks confused "I am I made me some other ones don't worry" I say petting her head "Yaaay" she claps her hands before struggling to reach over the table to grab a pancake. I slide the plate towards her and watch as she piles a mountain of toppings on. I contemplate wether to give her a lecture or to help her pile it up higher.

I opt for the second one taking the cab of whipped cream piling her monstrosity even higher. I laugh looking at the ridiculous amount of topping burying that one pancake.  I hear my phone going off like crazy as it turns on after charging. I stand up confused "You eat your pancakes" I say pointing to Liv who looked more interested in my phone than her food. She slouches looking sad before going back to eating her pancake.

I smile at her as I flick my phone screen on. I look down to see 100s of messages from River flooding my phone. I purse my lips wondering if I should even reply. I shake my head deciding I'd focus today on me and Liv. I haven't done something just for me in a while it's always been Freaky Lenny the weird hoodie girl at school and Cecelia the spoiled little princess around my families friends and I could never just be me. I only ever really felt like 'me'. I've lived my life having to hide my money from everyone else and everyone else from my family.

I huff turning my phone off and walking back to the table.