CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Ryan and I have been dating for a couple of weeks now which is great.
Our relationship has been going without a hitch.

Thankfully.

I am still looking for a job that isn't babysitting but alot of companies aren't still over the whole 'kidnapping' incident.

Grow up people.

"Anyways I think crabs are stronger than dolphins thank you." I say taking a bow.

"Are you sure you aren't high?" Rhyme asks me.

Right now I was hanging out with Rhyme and Astrid. Cystal was with mystery guy and Adelaide was working over time.

And I'm sure I Know exactly what that means.

"You do have a point" Astrid speaks her face scrunched in concentration.

"Who are you talking about the crazy lady over there or me?" Ryhme asked jerking her thumb to my direction.

"But dolphins can swim fast and beside Aqua man rode a dolphin and the dolphins might be close to aqua man but crabs are sea creatures too aren't they?" I could barely hold the laugh threatening to escape as I looked at a frustrated Rhyme.

"You both are crazy" Rhyme groan slapping her face with her palm.

"Oh stop being dramatic" Astrid rolls her eye "need to clear my bladder be right back"

"So Ryan huh" Rhyme asks as soon as Astrid leaves

"Yeah we've been going well".

The girls and I have gotten really close over the few weeks we've known ourselves.

I hung out with them alot when ever we weren't working.

Astrid who is six months along used to work at a printing press but Damien made sure she left for maternity leave early.
She didnt want to, so he bought the company and gave her a compulsory leave.

Talk about determined.

When she found out she was pissed but at the same time all lovey dovey.

Right now we were cake tasting with Astrid who is preparing for her wedding.
After she gives birth of course.

Though it's still quite early to prepare for a wedding which was going to take place in a year and a half.

Astrid mother, Rene, said it was barely enough time for them to prepare.

What the heck do you need to prepare for?.

Astrid comes from a wealthy family and she is the only daughter out of her three siblings.
Damien is a bloody billionaire and self made at that, he also comes from a wealthy family.

I'm kinda intimidated sometimes when ever I'm in his presence, it's like he is tearing my soul inside out anytime he stares at me and it makes me so freaking uncomfortable.

It's like he's trying to figure out something.

"I never expected you to end up with Ryan I was actually expecting you to get married to a cat or something" She joked.

"Heyyy" I pout.

"Just kidding" She laughs at me.

"How's your art show coming along, are you nervous?" I ask flipping through the design of cakes we were given.

"Uh yeah, it's terrifying. I'm scared to mess up". She replies her gaze dropping from mine

"You are gonna do great"