two

Kaycee was woken the next day to find herself dubious once more. The day before had gone much better than she was expecting, Sean Lew being fully responsible for that. His adorable face and loving personality had made it a whole lot easier to not scream at her parents for their arrangement.

After their walk in her gardens, they walked back into her house and found their families. Catherine bombarded Kaycee with questions the second she took notice of the shinning ring on her finger. The two laughed but didn't answer the questions from their siblings, trying to keep the little of their privacy they were allowed to have. Sean's family left soon after to a lodging house for the night, leaving her alone with her family. Her mother had lectured her on how she was right and that how all this was working out and was the best choice for her. She decided not to argue though all she wanted to do was point out that it was not a choice.

The Lews arrived soon after she had woken and began preparing for the day ahead. Both of the pair's fathers spend the day discussing business that would be finalized as soon as the two were married. The others had dressed up and travelled into the nearby town to get dresses made for the girls and suits fitted for the boys in preparation.

Kaycee observed Sean through their early morning journey into town. He was a very affectionate boy who was very close to his family, as she was with hers. He opened doors for his sisters whenever the opportunity presented itself and was always offering his mother a hand if she needed it. She watched him as he listened to his niece as she rambled on about school and her friends, only asking her to pause when his nephew's lace came untied and he offered to do it up for him. She had never met a boy who was so caring and compassionate, even her own family were not like that, it truly was as if he had been sent to earth from the heavens above.

Unfortunately for her, they had to split off so the boys could have their suits fitted at a store further down the street, as they got dresses made for them at Saint Georges. In her opinion, Saint Georges was an extremely over the top and expensive store, but her mother liked to shop there often, and they were well known, so Kaycee figured she could talk whoever was making her dress into being less extravagant.

"Good morning, Mrs rice. How may I be of assistance today?" the manager's wife said, a big smile on her face as she greeted her customers.

"How do you do Margaret?" her mother said with enthusiasm. "we're in need of some dresses."

"May I ask what this is for?" the woman said, pulling out a tape measure.

"My daughter, Caitlin, is getting married in a month," she replied, turning to show Margaret the family behind her. "you've met Caitlin and Catherine before, and possibly my son devon's wife Frances and his daughter Evelyn." the lady nodded for her to continue. "these are Caitlins, soon to be, husband's sisters, Sarah and Serris, along with Serris's daughter Leona."

"My, that will be a lot of dresses." the lady said, laughing lightly as she called out for some other workers help.

"No, no, do not fret. Only Caitlin and the two little ones need them made. Catherine, Serris and I need ours adjusted but apart from that were set."

"Oh thank goodness. Have Ethel here take the children for measurement, someone will be over in a minute to take care of you three. Caitlin dear, come with me and I'll show you some of the dresses we have." she motioned her arms towards another worker smiling at them, then walking away with Kaycee following.

"So dear, I do not mean to pry, but you were here last month and your mother never mentioned anything of a husband."

"That's because was only informed of his existence three days ago."