chapter 23

(Y/N) POV

It's been a few day since me and Bakugo swapped body's. And everyone has calmed down from it. When Bakugo got back into his body the next day he spent the majority of it running around trying to get back at Denki for laughing and making fun of him.

Bakugo's parents did end up finding out about the body swap because Principal Nezu called to see if we were switch back or not. And they did not take it well. They called us in the livingroom and lectured us about how they needed to know about crazy stuff like that.

But other than that everything as been going great. I'm on a first name basis with Bakugo's parents now which is awesome. I went into the kitchen yesterday to get something to drink and called Bakugo's mom Mrs. Bakugo and she almost had a heart attack saying that that was to formal and I should call her Mitsuki and then Bakugo's dad joined in telling me to call him Masaru. So that cool.

Also Skittles and Bakugo's dad have become really close. Skittles even leaves me sometimes to go sleep with him but Skittles still stays with me when I have bad dreams so it's all good. To be honest I think it's kinda cute that the two get along so well.

And I have been really happy staying with Bakugo and his family. I think my mental state has become better not being around my father and instead being around these sweet people as stubborn as they might be. I didn't think I could ever be this happy but I am and I've been smiling more every day. And I've been more confident and in a good mood.

Yes, I still get nightmares but I've gotten better at handling them if they really bother me then I'll talk to Bakugo and I'll feel a lot better. Everything's been so perfect I just dont want it to end but I know it will. I'm going to have to go back to my father sometime soon. I can't just live here forever and the longer I stay away the more my father's anger grows. Imma just have to enjoy this happiness while it lasts.

"Hey are you okay?" Bakugo asks. I look up from my notes and see him looking at me confused and a little concerned. We were going over some notes for the test tomorrow. And I guess i zoned out and didn't even notice. "Hm oh yeah I'm fine I was just thinking." I say trying to wipe off the frown on my face I didn't know was there. I guess I subconsciously did it when I was think of my father. "What were you thinking about?"

I take a big sigh before I respond. "I was think about my father.....and how angry he must be." I say as I look down at my lap. Bakugo sets aside his notes and reaches over and grabs my hands and pulls me into his lap. "Bakugo..?" I say as he pulls me in. I put my legs on either side of him as he wraps his arms around my waist and I rest my arms around his neck.

"Listen to me. Now I know I can't promise you that he won't hurt you. That would be lying and I will never lie to you but what I do know is that your strong you are capable of anything. You are welcome to stay as long as you want but we both know that one day your going to have to face him but when you do I promise I'll be there for you either if its smashing his face in or just trying to talk to him but..."

Bakugo looks down for a second then slowly tracking up my body with his eyes trying to imagine how many cuts and bruises that have been on me. When he reaches my eyes there's a new look in his eyes that I cant explain. I've never seen him have that look before and I cant seem to place what it is but then he says. "But please (Y/N) try. Try to stand up to him because I know your capable I know you can so try."

After a few seconds of silence of us just look at each other and Bakugo silently pleading with me. I say
"Ok. I'll try." in a small whisper.
He let out a small sigh and pulls me into a hug and nuzzles his head in the crook of my neck. I run my fingers through his spiky and surprising soft hair.