*Broken Glass and a Little Sass*

Jacob's POV

    I picked up the plate that sat in the white plastic cupboard and threw it towards the wall. The sound of the glass shattering could be heard throughout the whole house. The pieces dropped to the ground, joining the pile of the last glass wear I threw. 

    Just as I was about to throw another glass plate Austin and Victoria came in. Their eyes widened at the state of the tore apart kitchen. Their eyes glanced at the plate in my hand before slowly making their way towards me. The way they walked would remind you of a predator stalking its prey.

   Austin grabbed the plate from my hands before I was able to throw it, which made me scowl at him. 

   "What happened?" Victoria drew out. 

    "They were in her house." I said shaking my head looking up at the sky. 

   "Who were?" Austin questioned. 

   "They were in her fucking house!" I yelled slamming my hand down on the island. Victoria jumped from the loud sound.

   "Who were in her house Jacob?" Austin said stepping closer to me, being careful of the shattered glass. 

   "Cerberus." I gritted out punching the table again. 

   "How could they have even gotten in?" Victoria questioned. I pulled at my hair and scowled at the table.

    "I don't know." I barked out at her. She flinched from the tone of my voice but I didn't care. 

   When I had got to Charlies the door was wide open and there were mud tracks on the deck. She wasn't lying when she said someone was in the house. I searched the front rooms for the sobbing girl but the sound of whimpers and cries brought me to the bathroom. Carved on the  door was their signature label showing who had done this mess.

    Seeing Charlie as broken as she was sparked a feeling in me that I haven't felt in a long time. I was mad, enraged at what had happened. This is why I left. I left so stuff like this wouldn't happen. 

    "It's okay Jacob. She is safe here with you. They wont get her." Austin said trying to comfort me. I scoffed at him and shook my head.

   "If it wasn't for me she wouldn't even be in this mess in the first place." I said in a cold tone. 

   "Now get out!" I snapped at them. Grabbing another plate and smashed it against the wall. They slowly nodded and walked out of the room. 

    Plate after plate, bowl after bowl, were being thrown at the wall for an hour. The sound of glass shattering could be heard throughout the house. I didn't care about the mess and continued my destruction.

   "Jacob." A small voice said pulling me out of my enraged state. I looked up from the glass in my hand and towards Charlie who was rubbing the sleepiness from her eyes. She looked around at the mess I had created with widened eyes.

    "What happened here?" She asked me. 

   "They grew legs and decided to kill themselves by jumping out of the cupboard." I responded with a blank face. A small scowl itched onto her face. 

    "The sass is not needed Jacob." She said taking the cup from my hand and setting it on the cupboard. She then looked at me once more before sighing and walking around me and began picking up the glass shards. I watched her as her hands began to fill with the glass.

   "Charlie don't. The maids will do it." I said in a cold tone. She just shook her hand and picked up more glass.

   "Stop." I commanded but she didn't listen. I was about to yell at her to stop but I heard a slight cuss leave her mouth and all the glass she was holding dropped to the ground. Blood ran down her hand and her arm.

   "Damn it Charlie." I said grabbing her arm and started dragging her towards the bathroom. I made her sit on the counter as I got the first aid kid. She just watched me as tears ran down her cheeks from the pain. 

    "Damn it why didn't you listen to me." I said while trying to clean up the cut.

    "When do I ever listen to you." She said in a small voice. I lifted my head and locked eyes with her before shaking my head and looking down at her wound. 

    "You should start listening or things like this will continue to happen." I said before dropping her hand and putting the first aid kit away. I walked back over to her and stood in between her legs. Her small arms wrapped around my neck as she just looked at me. 

    "You are like my hero." She said a smile itching onto her lips. I couldn't help the small tug at the corner of my lips.

   "If it weren't for me you wouldn't need a hero." I said rolling my eyes. She just huffed and leaned her forehead on mine. She closed her eyes and sighed. When she opened them again my eyes locked with hers. 

   She leaned forward slightly and connected my lips to hers. 

   Everything about her draws me in and it is the worst thing that could possibly happen. Her smile almost makes me wanna smile, almost. The way her nose scrunches when she laughs makes her adorable. Or how when shes mad she thinks shes intimidating but to me she just looks like a small kitten. 

    She should hate me. I am a horrible person. I kill people without thinking twice. I have killed hundreds of people without feeling an ounce of guilt. Those people had families. She should be scared of me, hate me even, but she doesn't. Everything about me brings her in. My world isn't safe for her. 

   She pulled back from my lips and brought her bottom lip between her teeth. She looked up at me with her doe eyes which made me go crazy. Everything about her drives me insane. 

   I lifted my hand and used my thumb to pull her bottom lip from her teeth. She just looked up at me as I examined her face. 

   "So beautiful." I whispered tracing her cheek bone with my thumb. I then dropped my hand and walked out of the room, leaving a dazed Charlie in her own little world.