59

Ba Sing Se

Ba Sing Se.

The city of where friendships blossom and mayhem ends.

That is what Soana had always thought of the imperial city even after it became compromised by the Fire Nation a few months prior.

The Jasmine Dragon was now a sacred place of gathering for the world's new saviors.

With the Avatar being there along with Katara, Sokka, Toph, and Suki, Zuko and Iroh grew pleased as the atmosphere became blissful and content.

Mai and Soana had their own table near the center of the tea house where Gato, and Yuri had joined them as Reid was in the kitchen with Sueh.

As usual in the tea shop, Zuko was serving tea like before and Iroh was playing a tsungi horn to set the calming atmosphere.

All while Soana and Mai spoke with Gato and Yuri.

"You know, before all of this I thought you were some scary girl, but now I see you." Gato said to Mai.

She chuckled as Zuko passed out tea to their table.

Everyone seemed nonchalant and comfortable, all except for Soana.

For her friends, today was the day of celebration of the new world formed from peace and love, however, to her it was the day she was to go home and see her father for the first time in more than a year.

Not only was she nervous because she was soon to see her father, but she was very agitated because that meant she had to leave Zuko and the rest of the team behind to tend to her royal duties.

"Gato, is it?" Mai asked.

He nodded.
"I thought you would be some know-it-all Dai Li agent." She retorted. "But turns out you're alright. Stupid, but alright."

Yuri chuckled.
"I like her."

A tea cup had been placed in front of her with steam rolling off of it. She looked at Zuko who had put it in front of her. She sent him a forced smile then let her gaze fall to the table.

Zuko knew she was nervous. In fact, he could sense it in her attitude and voice that she was itching with anxiety. In the past week he would always see her playing with her lips and biting her nails down until it was just a nub.

She was anxious out of her mind, but she wasn't the only one. Zuko had also been itching to know if she was staying or if she was leaving with her father, but most importantly he was worried about whether or not his marriage was at stake. He didn't want to lose her as a wife, however, he did want to keep everything on good terms with her since he promised himself to let her go willingly.