thirteen

My eyes shot open, looking around at the scene. I was in a hospital room, and the amount of pain I was in wasn't as bad as the last time I was awake. My eyes landed on a nurse, who was staring down at me.

"Hey, sweetie" She started, "How you feeling?" She asked me. She was so nonchalant, like I wasn't supposed to be dead or something. I gulped, looking don at myself. I shrugged.

"I, uh... I'm feeling okay. I'm still in a little pain" I admitted, and she nodded. She pointed at the IV in my arm.

"The pain killers should be setting in in a bit" She ensured.

"How long have I been out?" I questioned. She looked down at the clip board, flipping through a few pages.

She examined it for a moment, "Three days" My eyes went wide at her words. Wow... "You have friends and family waiting out there for you" She revealed. I narrowed my eyes, "Is there anyone you would like to see first?" She asked.

"Aaron Hotchner" I requested, and she agreed. She started walking out, "Um, excuse me?" She paused and turned her head. "How many people are out there?" She thought for a moment.

"Probably fifteen people" She then walked out.

Shit.

My damn family was here. That was never good.

They were all sitting and standing in the waiting room, waiting for any news at all.

"Why weren't we contacted when she was taken?" My mother asked another question, and Morgan looked at Hotch.

Aaron was ready to strangle someone, and he turned to Rossi. Dave sighed,

"Mrs. Gordon, we didn't have time. We were trying to save your daughter, and we did" My step father wrapped his arm around my moms shoulders.

"Lauren, sweetie. All that matters is she is safe. We should be thanking them, not yelling at them" He explained, and the nurse appeared before them. The rest stood, and she nodded.

"She's awake" Spencer sighed in relief and smiled faintly, JJ and Garcia hugging one another.

"God, that girl can take anything, huh?" Morgan chuckled, patting Spencer's back.

"When can we see her?" Hotch needed to know.

"She actually, uh..." She looked around, "She requested to see an Aaron Hotchner first" Aaron's tried to hide the fact that he was blushing, and everyone looked at him in shock. Especially my parents.

"Ooooh!" Prentiss smirked, nudging him. Everyone else however stayed silent, but he walked away with the nurse. My mother looked at everyone,

"Of course I know who Aaron Hotchner is, but who is he to her?" She wanted an answer, and Reid glanced down at her.

"If he hadn't shown up fast enough, I would have been dead" He started, and this almost startled her. "She's probably thanking him"

I stood in my hospital room, and I looked at my feet as I took my first few steps in three days. I smiled at the fact that it wasn't too difficult, holding onto my IV cart. I continued to walk around the room slowly, and I gradually picked up the pace.

"Veronica Gordon?" I heard, making me turn my head. There stood a nurse, who looked concerned. "Are you supposed to be walking?" I shrugged.

"Do you need something?" I answered her question with another one. She sighed,

"Someone's here for you" I looked behind her, seeing Aaron coming in. A huge smile formed on my face, but he looked concerned.

"Veronica, you shouldn't be up" he rushed towards me, and I shook my head.

"Shut up and hug me" I ordered, and he paused for a moment. He caved, wrapping his arms around me, but not too tightly. "I missed you," He buried his face further into my shoulder blade, and I smiled,

"You really scared me" He admitted. I nodded,

"Yeah, I really scared me too" He pulled away for a moment, examining my face. He lightly brushed over the healing wound on my head. "Its going to leave a scar" I said before I pursed my lips.

He shook his head, not looking away from the cut. "It doesn't matter, you still look absolutely beautiful" My face turned a bright red, and he started to lean closer.

"Veronica, sweetie!" I wanted to give her a stank face, but I was honestly a little excited that my mother was here. Aaron moved away from me, and my mom entered the room. She saw me and hurried towards me, engulfing me in a hug. I hissed in pain,

"Ma, mama. You're hurting me, I got shot, remember?" I pointed out. She quickly let go,

"I'm sorry, I'm just so happy you're safe. They told me Agent Hotchner got there just in time. He saved you and Spencer, is that true?" I looked over at Aaron, and a small grin appeared on my face. I nodded.

"He did" She moved her entire body to face Aaron. She took his hand,

"Thank you, I owe you everything" She said. He shook his head,

"It's okay, really. I would do it over and over if I had to" He looked at me, and I licked my bottom lip.

Fucking Reid, gave me his horrible habits. Everyone started pouring into the room, and my eyes were now on them.

My step father and three half brothers, along with my coworkers.

"You're already walking?" Garcia was surprised,

"I probably shouldn't be" I started, "But I'm totally a strong independent woman" I joked. She smirked at me,

"You've got no idea, beauty" She responded, and I winked at her.

"I actually owe all of you" My mother started, and my smile quickly faded. I shook my head, letting out a nervous laugh,

"Oh, no mom. Really, they're all okay" I knew where this was going. It wasn't good. My stepfather shook his head,

"No, your mother is right. You should come up for a weekend, we can have a party celebrating Veronica's safe return" I put my head in my hands.

My parents had to have a party for everything. Ever since I was little. We used to have parties because of stupid little school things, little accomplishments. Everything.

I guess it was a perk of being abnormally loaded.

"I mean, I think that sounds like a pretty good idea" Morgan admitted, nudging Garcia a little.

Yeah, he thought it was a good idea because he didn't know my parents. He didn't know he would have to be wearing a button down and tie.

"Oh, perfect! Everyone is going to be so pleased they you two are okay, it was all over the news" My head shot to look at JJ.

"J, what!" I whined. Spencer shook his head,

"I said the same thing" He added.

She was trying to defend herself, "I tried keeping them out! When you're the biological daughter of William Black and kidnapped, almost killed by your identical twin sister? It's harder to keep under wraps" I sighed, looking at my parents.

"I think a weekend vacation may actually be nice" I admitted. We all looked at Aaron, who had to make the final call.

He nodded, "Three days vacation wouldn't hurt"