twelve; deliveries

Ophelia Nelson-Bowman is so happy, it's almost like she's high. She's on top of the world. As she gets ready for the day even though most of it is already gone, she dances to some music playing lightly in her room, pulling on some jean shorts and a soft pink cropped t-shirt. With her long blonde hair falling down her back, washed, blow dried, and straightened, Ophelia feels the best she's felt in weeks. All because of Jj, and one kiss in the moonlight of the balcony. A kiss she genuinely can't get out of her head, and is still putting butterflies in her stomach. Putting her glasses on, she heads down the stairs with a skip in her step.

"You look happy," Michael observes, watching as his daughter struts into the kitchen.

Ophelia gives him a smile, noticing Reid's briefcase gone already meaning he's at the hospital. She shrugs, "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

Michael just nods, and Ophelia notices he's in his work clothes, "I have to head to the school for some department meetings, is there anything you need from the mainland?"

Ophelia's face lights up, "A canvas would be great, I have a new project."

"What size?"

Ophelia shrugs, "I'm planning a portrait, bold colours, so whatever you think is best," She smirks, "And remember this one is on Pa."

Michael smiles, winking at his daughter, "I'll get a big expensive one then."

"When are you leaving?"

"Ten minutes?"

Ophelia grabs some berries from the fridge, putting them into a bowl, "Do you think you could drop me off at Heyward's on the way?"

Michael shrugs, "I don't see why not."

"You're the best," Ophelia chirps, popping a blackberry into her mouth as she moves to leave the kitchen, "I love you!"

--

As Ophelia strides into Heyward's market, she has a grin on her face and a light feeling on her shoulders. Walking behind the counter, she sets her backpack on the ground. Ophelia's heart skips a beat as she sees a particular blond boy. But, before she focuses on him, she greets Pope and Kiara with the Pogue handshake, a quick slap slap snap! For a second, Ophelia wonders where John B is before she turns to Jj, who is watching her with a smirk.

"Hey," He says, standing from his seat and holding his hand out.

Ophelia's smile only grows and she feels her cheeks heat up under his gaze. They do the handshake as well, "Hey," Ophelia breathes, making Jj's smirk grow into a wide grin. Her heart beats fast in her chest and she remembers how the moonlight made him look on her balcony the night before.

Jj motions for Ophelia to take the chair he was sitting on, and she does, noticing Kiara eyeing the pair, "What's up with you two?" She slowly asks.

Ophelia hums in response, her eyes going from Jj's to Kiara's. She just shrugs, "What do you mean?"

"You both look like you're high."

Pope nods from the register, "It's a little weird."

Jj glances down at Ophelia, "We're just happy, Pope. Nothin' weird about that. Right, Lia?"

Ophelia nods, no doubt in her mind that her cheeks are still tinted pink because of the boy beside her, "Uh, y-yeah. Nothing weird at all."

Kiara raises a suspicious brow at the pair of blondes that makes Ophelia nervous. Coming to her aid, Jj changes the subject and she's grateful for it. Time passes fairly quickly, customers coming in and out and showing particular interest in the catch of the day. Ophelia stays perched in her seat, drawing in her sketchbook to keep her hands occupied. Every now and then Jj peeks over her shoulder, using the action as an excuse to put his arm around the blonde. In all honesty, she's happy they didn't tell the Pogues when they asked. She wants Jj to be her secret, and she wants to stay in her happy little bubble for as long as she can.