Chapter 28

-------------------> THE FACT WAS, THE SECRET PASSAGE that led to this dueling area was actually one of the underwater caves that were hidden in the Slytherin Common Room

-------------------> THE FACT WAS, THE SECRET PASSAGE that led to this dueling area was actually one of the underwater caves that were hidden in the Slytherin Common Room. The Slytherin battle royale dueling stage was an extremely large setting that resembled the Roman Colosseum in structure. However, the dueling ground of this structure was surrounded by a body of water.

Fourth years and below excitedly took their seats on the stands, eager to watch how the duels would play out. The sixth years were a little calmer, but they too were practically bouncing.

Andromeda Black was chosen as this year's Dueling Referee since she had knowledge regarding this art and she had a close cousin in fifth year and her sister in seventh year, meaning that she wouldn't be able to show favouritism and instead provide fair and just comments and make wise decisions that would not be partial.

The fifth years changed their robes into blue and white ones, to represent the flexibility and free form of the water around them, while the seventh years changed their robes into those with shades of brown and green, to symbolise the mighty earth they stood on.

Bellatrix levied a challenging smirk against Lyra, who simply tossed her an amused look.

The fifth and seventh years gathered towards the approximate centre of the dueling grounds in a crowd.

Andromeda, dressed in red robes (for symbolism purposes and also to make others realise that she was a referee and not a target. They didn't want a repeat of that time two hundred years ago when somebody had assumed the referee to be a contestant and had levied the blood gurgling curse on them, after all), walked right to the middle and cleared her throat loudly.

"Greetings everybody, and welcome." She began with a smile. "I doubt I need to explain how all this goes down, but unfortunately, I am obligated to list the rules." She now faced the teams. "I would like to remind you all that this is an informal duel, which means the following: nobody is allowed to take any object or living being with them except your wand. Summoning anything from outside this dueling field is prohibited. Physical confrontations are forbidden. No killing or extreme bodily harming anybody. Any breaking of the above rules will result in immediate disqualifications." Andromeda warned. "Other ways to get thrown out of the duel are being unconscious, verbally surrendering to your opponent, disarming of your wand by your opponent, and being pushed or thrown into the water surrounding this dulling field." She said, before pursing her lips.

"This annual, House duel will be divided into three rounds. The first round is between the fifth-years as a whole and the seventh-years as a whole, where during, each team will try to disarm the other year. However, I would advise you to thread carefully, as once you are disqualified or you have lost, you will stay so. No second chances whatsoever. At the end, the amount of yearmates left standing after eliminating their opposition year completely, will proceed to Round two after a five minute break in between." Andromeda explained. "Round two will consist of the remaining few to fend off against each other until only two are left standing. After yet another five minute break, they will proceed to round three where it will be a one-on-one against each other in order to be crowned the victor." She finished before waiting for a few seconds to let all the information sink in before asking, "Am I clear? Any doubts?"