16: Court

" I feel guilty." Cara sighed as she and Sky sat in the airport.

" Same, but you need to talk to your mom." Sky agreed. Bexley and Josh had recently learned that Penny's mother wanted her back, and nobody was taking it well. Penny built up all of her walls again and was hard to get through to.

" I know." Cara agreed. They heard the boarding call for their plane, heading on.

The plane ride wasn't outrageously long, granted they both slept the whole time.

The pair woke again as the plane landed, wandering into the airport.

" Cara!" Anni called excitedly.

" Anni!" Cara collided with her sister, giving her a tight hug. Anni and Karl were the only ones that knew Cara was back home.

" Karl's in the bathroom." Anni supplied, turning to Sky.

" I have mixed feelings about you, right now." Anni stated.

" Fair enough." Sky nodded.

" But I'm giving you a hug anyway." Ann shrugged, pulling Sky into a hug.

" Hey Cara!" Karl ran over, giving his sister a hug.

" Hi!" Cara beamed.

" I can't decide how I feel about you but, currently, I have more respect for you than my own mother." Karl shook Sky's hand.

They made their way out of the airport and loaded into the car.

" Oh, and Papa's home." Anni said from the passenger seat.

" He's not working?" Cara tilted her head.

" He has been feeling great." Karl shook his head.

" Oh, okay." Cara nodded.

oOOo

" This is gonna be fun." Cara muttered as they pulled into the driveway.

" Tons." Karl agreed, climbing out of the car. They made their way into the house.

" Cara?" Leon, her father, looked utterly surprised.

" Hi Papa." Cara grinned, giving him a hug.

" Your mother didn't tell me you were coming home." Leon stated.

" Mother doesn't know." Cara replied. Leon then noticed Sky. Him and Sly had actually gotten along really well before the engagement was called off.

" Sir." Sky nodded.

" Well, I'm gonna assume something was fixed, you wouldn't be here otherwise." Leon said.

" Yea, is Mother here?" Cara asked.

" Cara?" Greta made her way down the hall, confusion written all over her face.

" Hi Mother." Cara turned. Greta's eyes traveled to Sky.

" You are not welcome in this home." Greta stated.

" Greta, I'm sure he wouldn't be here if it weren't for a good reason." Leon interjected.

" Doesn't matter he-"

" Mother, you told Sky if he didn't cut off our engagement you'd cut me off?" Cara interrupted. Greta's eyes grew wide.

" I did no such thing." Greta stated.

" Really? You sure?" Cara challenged. Sky stayed silent, already feeling extremely guilty about the drama.

" Did he tell you this?" Greta nodded to Sky.

" Yes."

" He's lying." Greta said quickly.