|17|

Cold and wet, yet dry and warm.

It was an interesting feeling, to say the least.

A cold, wet cloth was being dragged along the skin of my bare collarbones, slowly traveling lower and lower, but it stops when a quiet groan slipped past my lips. I tilt my head to the side, squeezing my eyes tight before slowly peeling them open. The cloth is slowly dragged away from my olive-brown skin as my eyes start to adjust to the dim light that filled the room.

Mando was sitting there with a damp cloth in his bare hands, the sleeves of his long-sleeved shirt rolled up to his elbows. He looked almost bare without his beskar armor of gloves, but it was a sight that I was slowly getting accustomed to. He slowly meets my eyes with his masked gaze, making me almost squirm as I looked away from him. I look over to the window, not wanting to face whatever it was I was about to go through with him.

The sky just outside the window was a soft pink color that was slowly blending into a blue hue. The changing colors made me wonder how long I had really been passed out for. Regardless of the time, I still had to deal with the situation I was currently stuck in. I look up to the wood rafters that were holding up the low roof, still trying to keep my gaze off of Mando. We sat in silence for a few moments, frozen and silent.

It wasn't until the soft skin of his hand gently cupped my cheek, his fingers slowly tilting my face to the side to make me look back at him. I subtly snuggle my face into his hand, feeling the pad of his thumb rub over my cheekbone.

"I hope you know that I would never kill you," he whispers, softly shaking his head. A small tear ran down from the corner of my eye, but I quickly wiped it away, praying that he hadn't noticed the warm stream.

I plant my hands onto the mattress to push myself up into a seated position, immediately noticing the way my body didn't ache as much as it had before. Mando quickly sets one of his hands against the small of my back, helping me sit up so I wouldn't strain myself.

As I sat up all the way, the thick blanket that had been set over me slides down to my hips, revealing that I didn't have a shirt on. But even though I didn't have a shirt on, I was still mostly covered up thanks to the mass amount of bandages that covered my torso and left shoulder. The bandages looked fresh and tightly wrapped, barely even wrinkled. 

I slowly scoot towards the wall, carefully leaning my bare back against it while tilting my head back. My eyes slowly close as I slump against the secure structure; the texture almost irritating my skin. I force myself to take a deep breath before speaking. 

"Never says never, Mando."

Neither of us speaks for a good minute or so, making me let out a rough sigh. I slowly open my eyes and look past the tall Mandalorian that was still sitting in front of me. I spot my lightsaber standing straight up on the wide windowsill, almost taunting me from across the room. I narrow my eyes into a sharp glare as the light from the sky reflected off of the polished silver hilt. 

Mando soon sticks his hand out to me and rests it on my leg, his knuckles grazing against it as he faced his palm towards the ceiling. I look down at his hand for a moment before flicking my gaze back up to his blank helmet. 

"I'm sorry. We made promises to each other and I broke mine," he starts, letting a small sigh trail his hesitant words. I continue to stare at him, noticing how tense his shoulders seemed to be. "I promise that I won't ask or mention anything unless you really want to speak about it."

I stare at him for a few more moments before slowly placing my hand in his. I expect us to just deal out a quick handshake, but before I could even pull my hand away, he squeezes and doesn't show any sign of letting go.