Chapter 48: August's POV*

Today was the day of our mating ceremony.

This week had been a whirlwind, especially since I had to prepare most of the ceremony while in heat. Raven's trick turned out to be a goddess-given gift because it made the rest of my heat bearable.

Someone knocked on my door. "August?" My mother's voice sounded from the other side.

"Come in," I responded, sitting up. Last night was weird, I didn't realize how accustomed to Alexandre I had gotten. I barely slept a wink, tossing and turning the entire night, trying to get comfortable. My mom pushed the door open, peeping inside the room.

"Good morning, baby. Everyone's here, we need to start your cleansing." She explained, sitting on the bed next to me.

"Okay." I rubbed my eyes.

"I can't believe my baby is the Alpha's mate." Her voice cracked, her eyes were red, welling up with tears. "I can't believe tonight's your mating ceremony." I placed my hand on my mom's. "You're all grown up, and it feels like I've missed out on so much of your life."

"Mom, it's alright, it's not like I'm going anywhere." My voice came out strained, it was an emotional day, it'll be one of the best days in my life. It was my last night under her wing. After tonight, I would officially be the Luna of this pack and Alexandre's husband. It felt so surreal as if I were in a simulation, a dream. "Also, you're not missing one of my most important moments." I lean over and pull her into my embrace. "Just thank you for this." I muffle into her shoulder.

After a few moments of us just crying into each other's shoulders, someone else knocked on the door, capturing our attention. My dad entered the room without waiting for a response. "Pen, darling, I know you want to hold on just a little longer, but you have to start getting him ready for the ceremony." My mom pulled away, wiping her tears sniffing, trying to hold back more.

"I know, baby, I just don't want to let him go." She choked out, gently putting her hand on my cheek. "He grew up too fast."

"Mom, I'm right here, y'know." I chuckle. "It's not like I'm going anywhere."

"You're leaving the nest, so, yes, you are." She patted my cheek before standing up on her feet. She wiped her tears again with her sweater's sleeves, taking a deep breath to hold anymore that were to come back.

"Just wait, guys, eventually you'll have grandpup's running around. I think they'll keep you two busy enough. Especially since Perse is here, you'll have an entire arsenal soon." My parents laugh in unison.

When they had gotten home from their previous trip, I never had seen my parents so elated to see a pup. Malikai was slowly but surely wedging himself into our lives, Persephone had only solidified the bond to my parents. They were so thrilled to have a pup in the house. They refused to let him live in the noisy packhouse with his newborn. They had even invited Miles into their home, saying it was only right and that they weren't home enough to take care of the house. I honestly hoped to change soon with my title. I would love it if my parents were home more often than not. I understood that they enjoyed the thrill of being out and about, but I also felt like I needed them here as well. The trip they had gotten back from just a few days ago ended up leaving early. The pack they were going to sign a peace treaty with had declined them to come onto their land due to Alexandre and I's mating news. We hadn't really told the pack yet, so when we got the story of that happening, we didn't know how they had found out about Alexandre being mated to an Omega.

We hadn't gone outside of his parent's house this past week due to half of it being spent while I was in heat. I was surprised we were able to get the planning done, and a day early at that. Jace had even finished my suit within 48 hours, only making a few adjustments while I was in his shop the second time around.