Chapter 2

Kate's Pov

I take one step forward and fall face first on the floor. The door then closed behind me as I notice a women coming towards me.

"Are you okay Ms. Barker?" She says as she extends her hands.

"It's Ms. Williams" I say as I grab her hand.

Her hands were incredibly hard and she had a strong grip where my hands were incredibly soft and smooth.

"My apologies Ms. Williams" She says.

I then look up to find the most gorgeous human being ever, she was tall and beautiful. She had neat wavy hair, like seriously how can someone have neat wavy hair?!?? Those two aren't supposed to go together but she makes it work. She had gorgeous marble eyes and wore a black suit with a grey tie.

"Wasn't Ms. Barker supposed to interview me?" She asks.

"Yeah Candice got sick so I'm filling in for her" I say.

"Very well. You're already late. You have fifteen minutes. I'll try to contain my disappointment. You can start any time" She says as she sits at her desk.

I sit down and hunt for my pencil to only realize I didn't walk with one. I search endlessly through my belongings but I truly forgot to bring one.

Ms. Connor then got up and brought me a pencil. Her pants were so tight that I could see her ass perfectly. She then noticed me looking and then sat on her desk, sitting directly in front of me. I gulp.

"Are you ready?" I ask.

"Whenever you are" She said with an annoyed look on her face as she folds her arms.

"Umm... So Ms. Connor. You've built quite the empire here. To what do you owe your suc..." I say as she interrupts me.

"To what do I owe my success? Seriously? That's the best you could come up with?" She says in a more annoyed tone.

"Yeah... That's the first question written here" I gulp.

"Okay... Try to keep up. I worked hard and earned my way to the top through blood, sweat and tears. I worked and this is my accomplishment. You have to work hard to get what you want, that's it really" She says as I zone out.

"Oh.. Umm.. Well so I see your company is the main resource to feeding the hungry. Can you tell me more about that?" I ask.

"I haven't really done much. I just fund it, my associates deal with all the technical stuff" She says coldly.

Typical rich girl with the cocky attitude to match. Just hands money and takes the credit. I guess feeding the hungry isn't really her thing? Her eyes told me she could care less about it which really pissed me off.

"Do you have a name?" She asks.

"Yeah.. It's ummm Kate Williams" I say stuttering as I look around.

"Well Ms. Williams. Two things, firstly you seem to have no interest in this interview, it seems you're wasting my time and secondly, do you have an actual question?" She says as my eyes widen.

"Well Ms. Connor. I guess if you were pleasant then this would be easy" I fire back.

"Oh? So you think I'm unpleasant Ms. Williams?" She says.

"You seem like the smartass type who's not quite easy to approach" I say as I regret my words as they come out.

"You're right Ms. Williams. I'm not easily approachable. Most fear me" She says.

"You don't fool me Ms. Connor. I can see the sadness behind your eyes" I say.

"Oh?" She says with a massively annoyed tone.