Chapter Thirty Three- Final Day

The rest of the week went by smoothly, though Karasuno still hadn't managed to win a match. Even though they had been losing though, they remained enthusiastic, and determined.

  During the final match at camp, Karasuno went up against Fukurōdani. They had almost won, the skills they had been working on all week finally coming together, but in the end, Fukurōdani had managed to pull ahead.

  There had been rumours among the camp, that there would be a barbecue at the end of the day, so that was probably another reason the boys were so determined.

  When Daichi told the team about it halfway through the last practice match, Hinata, Noya, and Tanaka began to sing a song about meat, while Kageyama did some kind of weird dance.

  (Y/n) laughed, seeing how the four were so easily determined by food. After the match, the team heading to the bottom of the hill for the last time.

  Daichi clapped his hands together, the team standing in a line, shoulder to shoulder. "Okay guys! This is the last time we'll have to do this. So make it count!"

  "AAAAAAHHH!" The boys yelled, sprinting up the hill.

By the time they had made it back to the gym, all the teams had gathered around the coaches, and managers, who were standing together.

"You've all worked hard this week. So dig in! There's lots of food!" Coach Nekomata announced, before everyone dispersed.

  (Y/n) grabbed some of the food that she had helped prep that morning along with the other managers, and went to sit down on the grass next to Kiyoko, who had a plate as well.

  The two ate peacefully, chatting about the upcoming preliminaries, and how they should help the team. They were just getting into the topic of getting the school involved, when they noticed something.

  A few feet away, stood Tanaka, Noya, and the ace of Nekoma, Yamamoto. They had stupid looks on their face, in an attempt to look "intimidating", and they circled around the two girls.

  "Uhhh, Ryu? What are you doing?" (Y/n) asked, putting another piece of food in her mouth.

"Do you know how many guys have been eyeing both of you up this week? Too many! And I even heard some of them say that they were going to try and talk to you! So, the three of us have made it our mission to make sure they stay away from you!"

After hearing her boyfriends declaration, (Y/n) couldn't help but laugh. "Ryu, you've made it pretty obvious that you're my boyfriend. I don't think you need to worry." She assured.

The girl patted the ground next to her, motioning him to come sit down. Tanaka walked towards her, sitting down, and placing his head in her lap.

A wide smile grew on his face as he looked up at the girl, though he could feel his face heating up. He covered his face, making the girl laugh. "What's wrong?" She asked teasingly.

"Girlfriend pretty, and cool! Me have happy feels!" Tanaka yelled into his hands, peeking through his fingers at the girl.

(Y/n) smiled, ruffling the boy's short, fuzzy hair. Noya, and Yamamoto sat with them as well, Yamamoto's face was a bright shade of red.

The five of them sat there, peacefully chatting as they were before, until (Y/n) noticed something out the corner of her eye.

Over where all the grills were set up, stood Yachi, surrounded by some of the tallest boys on all of the teams. The small girl looked like she might faint, so (Y/n) hopped up, and ran over to save her.

"CAN'T YOU SEE THAT YOU TALL ASS TREES ARE SCARING HER? GET OUT OF THE WAY!" The (h/c) haired girl yelled in anger.

She pushed through the sea of boys to Yachi, whose legs were trembling. (Y/n) pulled her into a hug, determined to protect her from anyone, and anything.

The boys that had been surrounding Yachi all apologized, some hanging their heads in shame.

"Come on Yachi, I'll help you get some food."

Once the two girls had collected enough food, they made their way back over to where (Y/n) had been sitting before.

The four that had been waiting for them began to cheer as they approached. "That was so awesome (Y/n)! I guess you don't need as much protecting as we thought!" Noya exclaimed.

Kiyoko gave (Y/n) a high five as she sat down, Yachi sitting in front of them. Tanaka was about to place his head back in (Y/n)'s lap, but before he did, he pulled (Y/n) in for a kiss, their lips pressing against together.

When Tanaka pulled away, he smiled, (Y/n) turning bright red. "Who knew my girlfriend could be such a badass?" He said, before laying down on the girls lap.

(Y/n) just sat there, the other four that were sitting near them, staring in shock. Even (Y/n) couldn't comprehend his boldness.

After, the barbecue had finally finished, it was time for all of the teams to head back home.

(Y/n) was practically strangling Kenma, who could only hug back gently. Once she let go, she went over, and gave Kuroo a hug, who was standing next to Bokuto.

  "See you later asshat." The girl told Kuroo, who replied with. "Hopefully at nationals dumb fuck."

  A few seconds later, she pulled away from Kuroo as well. She noticed that the boy next to Kuroo was pouting, his hair seemed to have deflated as well.

  (Y/n) sighed, crossing her arms. "What do you want Bokuto?" The boy looked at her, his golden eyes filled slightly with... disappointment?

  "You don't like me, do you?" He asked, catching the girl off guard. "What? Who told you that?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

  "You did, sort of." He replied, "And Akaashi said that there's no reason you should, but you deal with Kuroo, so why won't you deal with me too?"

Kuroo looked at his friends in shock. "Rude! You're way worse than me!"

(Y/n) sighed again. "Look, it's not like I hate you or anything, you just had a bad first impression. We can be friends if you want."

Bokuto's eyes immediately lightened, and his hair puffed back up. "Really?! YAY!" He yelled, pulling the girl into a hug even more crushing than Saeko's.

"Can't breathe... everything... going dark." (Y/n) said, trying to get get Bokuto to let her go. He released the girl as she gasped for air.

"(Y/n)! It's time to go!" She heard Tanaka yell from behind her. The girl bid her goodbyes, walking towards the bus.

The ride home was mostly silent, a week worth of hard training finally catching up to all of the boys.

Everyone slept, even Coach Ukai dozed of a few times while driving, causing everyone to wake up in a panic. After that, Takeda-sensei decided that it was probably a good idea for him to drive the rest of the way home.

———————————————————————————

Brain must work hard, brain must think good things, brain be smart, brain need sleep.

  Sorry I lost track of time, so we a lil late today.