XXI. Margarita

• • • •

• • • •

Faith turned to her side, trying to escape the shining sunlight from the window. Her head pounded from last night's drinking. Her hand reached over the nightstand for her ringing phone.

"Hello?" She yawned.

"Where the bloody hell are you, Faith?"

"Um," Faith looked around the unfamiliar apartment to the unfamiliar man lying next to her. "In my one-night stand apartment?"

"I need you to come to Chicago," Klaus ordered. "The hybrids didn't work. They all died."

"That's too bad," Faith said, dryly. She reached her arm out to the man's shoulder and sighed when no magic was siphoned. The man was human and now she needed to get a plan b pill. "I had a great birthday yesterday if you're wondering."

"Faith," he said her name in a warning tone.

"Alright, alright," Faith said. "I'll be there once I find my clothes. Bye."

She hung up and pulled the sheets of the bed around her naked body. The sheets trailed after her as she began picking up her clothes and putting them on. She put on her plain gray sleeveless shirt with large armholes that dropped to her waist making her black bra slightly visible. The bedsheets fell on the wooden tile floor and pulled her denim high waisted shorts that reached down just below her mid-thighs on.

She grabbed her phone and began dialing a phone number she had engraved into her brain.

"Hey," she smiled, unconsciously as she closed the apartment door behind her and made her way down the empty hallway. "How is she?"

"The same," Marcel answered. "Keeps asking when you're coming back."

Faith sighed. "I don't know. I'm still kind of in the middle of something bad and I can't risk someone following me and finding out about her."

"For two months?" He asked.

"I can't talk about it," she lied, knowing if Klaus knew about Marcel being alive, things would get crazier than they already were. After leaving Mystic Falls, Faith made sure to grab any journals or grimoires about her family and when she found out about Klaus and Marcel, she was surprised. "I've got to go."

"Okay, bye."

• • • •

"So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender..." Klaus smiled, cheekily at the witch.

"Stop. You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny," Gloria stopped the hybrid from continuing.

"I tell him that everyday," Faith walked in the bar with a grin. "But he never listens. Almost like he rather hear his own voice."

"Faith, glad you can join us," Klaus greeted the girl.

She shrugged. "I mean you did threaten my life but sure. Whatever floats your boat, Klaus."