Chapter Twelve

It's been two days since Claire got admitted to the hospital. She had given no sign of consciousness but Kelvin and Phil never gave up on her.

On the other hand, Micheal wouldn't care less. He was yet to know that his wife was in coma. He would be with Sarah during the day, then at night, he would force himself on Gertrude.

It was on the second night after that incident that Amara came back home. She was looking better except for the black spot on her right cheek.

Micheal was seated on his favourite cushion when Amara walked in. She didn't say a word to him but went straight upstairs.

The house was unusually quiet and her sister's room was locked.

"Gertrude!" She called out.

"Yes madam."

Amara was back to the sitting room since she couldn't find anybody upstairs.

"Where's my sister?"

"She's at the hospital madam."

"What? What happened? How?" She looked from Micheal to Gertrude but no answer was forthcoming.

"You, what happened to my sister huh? And since when has she been there?"

"Two days ma." Gertrude replied.

"What hospital is that?"

"Blessed ma. Kelvin sir and Mr Phil took her there."

Amara left without wasting time.
Micheal sat up. He was no longer comfortable. He had thought she would have followed her lover home. Why was she still at the hospital? He stood up and went upstairs to change. This wasn't what he expected. What will people say?

****
Phil had gone home to change while Kelvin remained with Claire. She looked so innocent and beautiful even though she was out of the world. He would leave the private ward each time the nurses came to clean her up. She now had patches on her face but she was still that woman he so much respected.

Phil came in some minutes later looking clean and refreshed.

"You're back?"

"Yes." He said, sitting beside Claire and touching her forehead.

"You're in love with her right?" Kelvin asked.
Phil looked at his new friend and nodded.
"But it's no use. I can't have her. So its of no use if I love her or not."

Kelvin gave him a pat on the back.

"Please, you both should take care. I've got some important things I need to handle."

"Alright."

They shook hands and Kelvin left the room, giving Claire a glance. It was time to start dealing with them all. He would make sure she was happy, even if it was the last thing he would do.

-----
Amara stopped at the reception and enquired about Mrs Claire Njama. She was directed to the private ward room C. She opened the door without knocking and couldn't believe her eyes. Her sister was using a life support machine. A handsome gentleman was seated on a plastic chair, rubbing her forehead. He must have been occupied in thought because he didn't hear her come in.

"Excuse me." Amara said, closing the door behind her.

Phil turned to look at her. He had seen her the other day at the plaza but she was too busy to notice him.

"Hey Amara. Hi." He greeted, standing up.

"You know my name?"

"Yea. Claire told me about you. The day I came around, you were busy."