• 110 •

Cecil was notified by the system that her radar had expired, but she couldn’t be bothered about it at this moment as she stared at Hana. She knew this was the third time that Hana was recalling her memories, and it was from this point on...that Hana would start to change little by little. 

However, now, since K’xug has appeared and the storyline has been changing constantly, Cecil wasn’t sure if the memory Hana would see would be the same as it was in the original novel. 

If so, how will she change?

Cecil stared at Hana, still concerned.  

“Just like last time, she is probably recovering her memories,” Cecil informed the two man, and she gestured to the pot of congee Hana had cooked. “We should eat up, since she cooked for us.” 

Hence, it was the start of a meal with a heavy atmosphere.

When it was Cecil’s turn to scoop her own serving, she glanced down at her injured right wrist, sighing. Just then, a shadow hung over her and a hand appeared out of nowhere, scooping the congee right into her bowl instead. 

“You could have just asked for help.” 

Cecil glanced up, seeing Xue towering over her as he scooped congee carefully into her bowl. She blinked rapidly, glancing back down. 

“It just...didn’t occur to me.” 

“Does it hurt? Your wrist?” 

“It does, but it’ll heal. It’s just a sprain, I am lucky it wasn’t broken.” 

“...your wrist is sprained because of Zeau, isn’t it?” Xue questioned with a hint of anger. 

Cecil nodded with a hum, watching as her bowl was slowly filled up, her mind becoming preoccupied as she recalled the fight with Zeau. 

She was terribly weak, and powerless. 

It felt...horrible. 

“Cecil.” 

“Mmm?” Cecil snapped out of her daze, glancing up at Xue.

Xue was looking down at her, the fire from the campfire highlighting the gentle look in his eyes. It was so gentle, Cecil felt her heart skipping a beat. 

Without any warning, the conversation she had with Hana earlier replayed in her mind. 

“Because Xue likes you!” 

“He really, reeeeeallly likes you!” 

Suddenly, Cecil found the distance between them a little too close and she shifted forward unconsciously. 

Suddenly, Cecil found herself growing warm and her heart decided to go on a race inside her chest. 

Suddenly, she found herself growing conscious and she couldn’t quite meet his gentle, grey eyes. 

It doesn’t help that the words that Hana said kept repeating in her mind. 

“Is it enough?” Xue asked softly. 

“What? Enough? What is enough? Enough of what?” Cecil’s eyes were wandering about, and her pitch shifted. 

Xue lifted up her bowl, and it was filled with congee. 

“Oh, yes, sure,” Cecil glanced at it, nodded hurriedly. “Enough, it is enough. More than enough.” 

Xue started to frown, confused as to why Cecil had repeated the word “enough” too many times.