thirty six | the plan

"No one can make tea like Uncle, but hopefully I learned a thing or two." Zuko said as he poured tea into everyone's cups. "Would you like to hear Uncle's favorite tea joke?" He asked.

The others nodded.

"Okay, well I can't remember how it starts but the punchline is "Leaf me alone-- I'm bushed!" "

Everyone stayed quiet.

""Well, it's funnier when Uncle tells it." Zuko said, embarrassed.

"Right. Maybe that's becuase he remembers the whole thing." Katara joked, causing everyone to laugh.

Zuko looked around as he sat back down.

"It's nice to get a chance to relax a little. It hardly ever happens." Toph pointed

"Hey can I talk to you for a second." Sokka asked Zuko. Zuko nodded and followed after Sokka.

"Wonder what that's about." Haru said sipping her tea.

"Probably Sokka asking how Zuko get's his hair like that or something else stupid." Katara responded with a chuckle

--

Later that night, Mari sat alone sitting on the cliff, thinking.

"Can I sit with you?" Said Zuko from behind her.

"Actually, I was just leaving." She arose beginning to walk away.

He reached for her arm and pulled her to him.

"Are you crazy? Let go of me!"

"There's something you should know." He tried.

"I don't care for a weak apology from you leave me alone." She said, trying to pry herself from his grip

"It's about getting your mother back." Zuko said bluntly.

Mari froze. "What."

"Sokka's planning something." Zuko continued.

"Like what?"

"Something tells me he's going to try and break war prisoners out of Boiling Rock."

"Boiling Rock?"

"You said your mother was a strong. They send benders there that they believe are too powerful to be kept in regular custody."

"You think she's there?"

"If her abilities are anything like yours. Yes, I do."

Mari looked away.

"No one's going to stop Sokka, I already know that. I figured if he's going to do it, he's gonna need help."

"Do you really think you can walk into that place and break out anyone you please?" Mari said annoyed.

"No, but Sokka does. There's no way he's going to make it out without my protection. That's why I'm going with him. You can too."

"When do we leave."

That morning everyone awoke to Sokka, Zuko, and Mari missing.