34.Falling

Enjoy Reading (:

-----------------------------------

Zara was reading some journal when she heard a knock on the door. She looked up and her heart skipped a beat to see him standing on the door looking smart as always.

"Good Morning, Dr. Kabir. Please come inside." She greeted him with a smile and was about to get up from her chair but he gestured her to remain seated.

"Good Morning Sunshine." He said in a displeasing tone. "Haven't we discussed about you calling me Dr. Kabir?" He said and entered her room and Zara smiled at her nickname. She liked when he called her Sunshine.

She felt special. She knew it was normal for him because he calls all his friends by nickname but for her it was the first time when some adult called her that.

"But we are in hospital?" She said.

"And?" He asked folding his hand.

And people will start assuming stuff if I call you Bir. You calling me Sunshine won't be a big deal because you give names to many people but me saying Bir will cause curiosity. How to explain that to him? And why should she even burden him with her useless thoughts?

I won't call him Bir in front of others and if someone listens to us then I will face the consequences as they come. She decided.

"Good Morning Bir. How are you?" She said with a smile, feeling happy. She liked calling him Bir.

He looked happy for some reason and his smile broadened after hearing Bir. He really liked being called that. Seeing him happy made her happy.

"I'm great Sunshine. I needed your consult on one case actually." He spoke in his usual charming way and Zara knew that she could never say no to him.

"Yeah sure." She replied and they started discussing the case and going in the professional mode.

But this time it was not all professional and she has to admit that she liked it.

***

Zara came out of the OT. The surgery was successful and she and her team  were congratulated. She smiled but she was dead tired.

It has been one week since she went on that dinner with Kabir and almost every day after that they met in the morning...to discuss cases of course.

She was happy that no one in the hospital commented on this. If there would have been whispers than she would have heard that from Dr. Ritu but there weren't and she was glad for that. Not that there was anything to whisper about. It was all professional.

But what about those smiles that they passed to each other when it was just silence or the looks that they gave each other when they were in hallways, surrounded by a crowd of people? And when he used to call her Sunshine, why does her sensory system gets bewildered by his closeness?

No Zara, it's all normal. Don't try to look into any meaning in it. May be that's the normal way boys behave and you don't know because you don't have any idea.

After all he never said anything, he not even said that they were friends. They were colleagues who were cordial with each other. That's all.

She was processing all her thoughts and making her way towards her car.

"Sunshine!" She heard and her lips curled into smile even though she was tired.

"Bir." She said and turned.

"How was the surgery?" He asked walking near her.

"Successful but tiring. How was your day?" She asked.