Chapter 14: Accident

"Everybody stand back, give me some room" Xavier shouted, bringing more attention to us than needed. 

"Xavier stop, you're making a show. Let me walk" I said trashing in his arms, I mean it hurt but being in this position in his arms was making it ten times worse. He was trying to help, I got it but this was so not making me feel better. 

We finally reached a room, thank god. He wanted to take me to a cabin that was secluded where the 3 days of painful heat should be passed in the most comfort possible. Those 3 long excruciating days are filled with an internal fire that only sex and Xavier could heal. 

That's why so many wolves have their children at such a young age. 

He placed me down gently on the floor so I could stand on my own feet. 

"Thank you. Just so you know, being that close to me and not fucking me really doesn't help" I said but as soon as I saw how he was looking at me the fire of heat spread through my body, it hurt even more than before. 

And I mean it was nothing I had ever felt before. I collapsed yet again but this time a sudden pain erupted in my head and everything went dark. 

Xavier's POV

I watched in horror as Emma fell to the floor and on the way hit her head with the edge of a desk that was pressed against the wall. As soon as she dropped her eyes shut and she didn't open them again.

"Emma"I called out for her just hoping she would return and at least blink. She didn't.  

'I need the pack doctor at my location, NOW!' I yelled into the pack link. Everyone knew where I was, we have guards surrounding my position at all times. I needed help and it was now. 

I examined Emma's head softly, careful not to move her a bit. I started combing her hair as we waited for someone to arrive. I felt myself freeze as soon as my fingers reached a patch of head that was covered with blood. 

"Alpha, I'm here. Can you tell me what happened?" The pack doctor arrived and immediately went to attend Emma. 

"She fell from the pain of heat and hit her head. I don't know where" I said my voice breaking.

He continued expecting her, opening her eyelids to direct a flashlight towards them. He took a neck stabilizer and placed it on her. He also covered some of her head where her wound was with gauze and tape.

When he finished he stood up and walked towards me. 

"From first impressions I can tell she hit a part of her head which is extremely vital. I can't confirm but I'm worried that she may have hit her RAS which is the part of the brain that connects to the spinal chord. She is a strong wolf which may help her, but we need to do some more tests to make sure she doesn't heal around vital nerves. I don't know when she'll wake up, I'll have some guys get me a stretcher so we can fully examine her" He explained.

He left the room and that's when my emotions finally seemed to snap me out of the frozen state I was in. I couldn't stop looking at my mate laying down on our floor unconscious and hurt, with no certainty of when she will actually be alright. 

My fucking god, this is unbearable. My heart was breaking and I didn't know how to express it. I mean I know how to, but it's not safe with Emma in the room.

So I directed my anger towards the wall, slamming punches so I could just let out a bit of those feelings out. The problem was that with each punch my anger just increased, my fist were getting bloodier. My knuckles healed rapidly and with a few more punches they broke once again.