Chapter Five: Dreams and Dialogue

She dreamed of shooting stars, moon bunnies and softly falling snowflakes. It was a strange and pleasant dream. The blurry image of a man turned away from her—she reached out to him but he dispersed into stardust.

Chan Lee bolted up from her bed.

"Yo! Good morning." A voice greeted.

Her room was dark, except for the eerie glow of blue light shining on a man's face.

"...it wasn't a dream?"

"Shh, I'm doing a boss fight." Han Jing hushed her, his attention solely on the smartphone in his hands.

She tried not to sigh aloud.

Chan Lee moved her attention away from the man to the person at the foot of her bed. Silver gleamed despite the darkness, the glow of Xue's hair.

If that didn't solidify the man's claim as the Moon Bunny, it solidified that he was out of this world.

Chan Lee sighed and reached for her own phone on the drawer beside her bed. A quick swipe revealed the time was 7:15am. It was earlier than she had expected for a weekend, she yawned. Still, she got up from her bed, passing by the sleeping figure and drawing back her curtains.

The sun peeked behind tall towers and clouds, dispersing golden rays of light. Her lips quirked up, this is why she liked mornings better. Turning around, she gazed back at Han Jing. "So would you like coffee or tea?"

"Hmm?" The man continued on his tap, tapping away.

Chan Lee narrowed her eyes at him. "Geez, why don't you go home already."

"Oh, I was planning on doing that, I don't expect a junior like you to have breakfast plans."

"Touche."

"You should eat breakfast, or else you'll stay thin as a stick. Anyway, mission complete—I'm going off now." Han Jing pulled himself up, pocketing his phone into his shorts. He grabbed for the pillow she lent him along with a folded blanket. "I'll put it on your bed?"

"Put the fabrics in the laundry hamper."

Han Jing rolled his eyes at her, "Afraid you'll catch germs?"

"Yeah, I wouldn't want to pick up on what you're having." She smirked.

"Brat." Han Jing tsked, tossing them into the basket, then he made his way to the door.

Chan Lee bit back an amused smile, even if she didn't say it to him properly. She had appreciated him staying here last night, he was worried. But he really didn't need to be, there was a conviction in her heart that said the Moon Bunny wouldn't do anything.

Han Jing opened the door and met face to face with the landlady.

"I have some steamed buns for you, Chan-"

"U-uh good morning, madam Dongxia!" He stumbled over a greeting, stepping out of her unit.

Chan Lee's smile froze at the sight.

"Han Jing?!" The woman turned incredulously at the young man. "I'm not on the wrong floor am I?" She paused, before frowning. "A word, boy?"

Chan Lee walked over towards them, eyes on the steamed bun in madam Dongxia's basket. "U-uh..."

"I'll talk with you after I speak with Jing over here." Madam Dongxia pursed her lips and handed the whole basket of steamed buns to Chan Lee. "Give us some privacy."

Chan Lee was more than happy to close the door, although the look on Jing's face made her decide to at least save a couple of steamed buns for him. She immediately bit into one, relishing the spongy exterior and the warm savoury filling.