Chapter 45

The truth behind my scars and the healing 

My dad is the boss of the Italian mafia

My brothers are in the mafia...

Those are the two things I can't wrap my head around. Imagine living a life of being sheltered and having learnt that you don't have a family. Only to learn that you do have a family and that family is in a mafia... How am I supposed to act to this? How am I supposed to cope after living a life already with so much hurt? I look at the reflection in front of me, my skins bright red from the steaming hot water. My bags under my eyes are large and a deep purple. The girl in front of me looks nothing but purely broken.

The only thing I feel when I see my reflection is numb. I slide down onto the floor putting my legs to my chest. How did this become my life? How did I get this life? What did I do wrong? Pain is all I feel. It is all I constantly feel.. I change into some pyjamas and lay on the massive bed slowly waiting for time so I can go to sleep. I don't think I will ever get over my last life. No matter what I am doing my mind always wonders back to my past. My door slightly creeks home and I find myself shuddering. But it's not 1 am so I am ok.

"what are you doing awake honey". Milo asks looking concerned. "I um- nothing". I roll over to my side to avoid milo but he doesn't get the hint instead he sees it us an invitation. "I can't sleep either". I didn't say anything I just stayed stiff with my body turned to him. "I hope that one day you will let us in piccolo topo". He kissed my forehead then got off the bed. "actually wait". He turned around with an eyebrow raised. "you can stay it you er want...you don't have to if you don't want too. But you said you couldn't sleep I can't sleep either. I mean if you want too". I scattered across my words trying to find the right words. A big grin made its way across his way. "you're so adorable, little sister". he grinned ear to ear. He then jumped on the bed so suddenly it caused me to yelp in surprise. "sleepover"! he cheered making me slap him across the head. "people are sleeping dumb head". he rolled his eyes the rubbed his head in the place where I hit him. The door then swung open and Bruno stomped his way in my room looking angry as hell. "why do you look like some piddled in your cereal". Milo snickered and Bruno's frown only grew wider. "why the hell do you think it is ok to have a sleepover without me". I rolled my eyes and huffed out before laying back down ignoring my immature pouting twin. "Because she wanted to have a sleepover with her favourite brother duh"!

"Ow"!

"what the hell was that for"?

I threw a pillow at both of them using all my strength us much as possible. "people are trying to sleep". I whispered yelled at both of them. Bruno shrugged then closed the door behind him before jumping on my bed. Great, this night really has turned into a bloody sleepover party. but then again it does take my mind off waiting for 1 am to past. The boys talked a bit and joked lightly but I kept my eyes peeled to the clock. "why are you looking at the clock? Are you waiting for something"? Milo voiced out half snapping me out of my trance. "I am waiting for time to past so I can get to sleep". I said softly. It was only 12:30 and I am only allowed to go to sleep 1:45 am. Bruno and Milo exchanged looks both looking confused. "what time are you going to go to sleep"? Milo asked half playfully poking my sides. I didn't move but I felt a small lump forming in my throat. "I need to wait after 1 am and go to sleep at 1:45". They exchanged looks again and now looked conflicted as well as sad. "why do you need to go to sleep at those times"? Bruno asked softly.